Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable Bulk Editing of Track and Route Properties

Description

When changing properties for multiple tracks/routes, it is necessary to open each track/route, make the change, close it, and open the next one. This is time-consuming when editing an attribute that is the same for a multitude of tracks/routes, like color.

Requested Solution

Same as for waypoints, enable bulk editing for tracks and routes. Allow the user to select multiple items from the list, select "Properties..." from the context menu, and have a dialog box that will modify all shared attributes in one go.

this is a very needed feature...Garmin how about it

Comment

+1

Put me down for this one.

...ken...

Comment

Add me to the list as well !!!

Comment

Thanks HSLN, this and your other suggestions are excellent.

It's not 'till someone points out something like this one that I realise what annoyances I've been putting up with for years!

Comment

Originally posted by KIWIGPS View Post
            It's not 'till someone points out something like this one that I realise what annoyances I've been putting up with for years!
            You just need to learn to b*itch in an elegantly articulate fashion like HSLN.

...ken...

Comment

Originally posted by KGANSHIRT View Post
              You just need to learn to b*itch in an elegantly articulate fashion like HSLN.
              Well, I appreciate the kudos of sort, but I'd prefer to call it continuous improvement.

Seriously, when I write this stuff up, it has no negative connotation whatsoever, and no claim to universal truth. Usability is a b*tch (no pun intended). What looks good in the lab gets distorted and abused by users in the most extraordinary ways. So I believe that user feedback is an essential part of the process, and I can't praise the development team enough for wading through the tons of feedback and picking out the most meaningful improvements.

If my input is a bit of a dump it's because prior to finding this forum, I didn't know of an effective channel to communicate such detailed feedback. So my notes simply piled up.

Comment

All understood. It was definitely intended as a compliment. The method and wording was impressive. Exactly the sort of thing the developers need. I know because I was a professional developer for the first decade of my career and managed them for the next twenty years.

...ken...

Comment

Working...
                X