Map will not download - "Downloading - 0KB - Calculating"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map will not download - "Downloading - 0KB - Calculating"

I just purchased City Navigator Israel NT and installed the Communicator plugin.

When trying to "install map to device" (Nuvi 760) my device is recognized and I initiate the download.

For some reason, it is stuck on: Downloading
    City Navigator® Israel NT (0KB). Do not disconnect while the download is in progress.
    Estimated time remaining: calculating..

I have tried this on 2 different machines, on IE, Firefox, tried it on Windows 7 and in Virtual XP terminal, on 2 different networks..... all comes up the exact same thing.

I have also updated my Nuvi 760 software, still, no dice.

Any ideas?
    thanks

customer support

Product support at Garmin says that some customers were experiencing problems with the download and that they are working on it.

Comment

DiP

Any update? I am getting the same message 3 years later

Comment

Need a bit more info than that to help! OS you're using? Which GPS? Which map? Is it a new one or an update to an existing one?
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

a garmin nuvi 50LM, trying to download city navigator europe NT -alps & dach, using windows 7 OS

Comment

Is that an update or a new map?

Either way if it appears stuck check that the download is not being blocked by your firewall or virus program. Also be aware that an update/download can take hours, how long is it 'stuck on downloading' for?

If you're using Garmin Express there are known issues with that program, best advice is to use GarminMapUpdater instead.
            Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
            (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I'm seeing the same. I'm downloading what I believe is just an update from https://my.garmin.com/mygarmin/mapUpdate But it still reads
              Downloading...
              City Navigator® North America NT (1881MB) to SD Card (G (7631MB available).

Do not disconnect while the download is in progress.
              Estimated time remaining: calculating...

Just reads calculating... and nothing changes. It was sitting like this for over an hour. No green bar change just reads "calculating..." Probably dumb idea, but I refreshed the browser window hoping to get an updated status. It just started over and now back at the same thing, calculating.

Is there anyway I can tell if it's really stuck or actually still downloading? Looking in Task Manager FF is slowing using more memory but no CPU.
              How many hours could it take. I'm on cable modem not DSL.

Windows 7 - Firefox 18.0.2
              Nuvi 1390T installing on a card I just bought PNY highspeed microSDHC 8GB

Last question since I'm downloading to the card and don't want to wait for hours tonight, can I disconnect and start again another day or will this farg-up the Garmin? Unfortunately I'm leaving early tmr morning. If I knew it was going to be hours I would have just waited.

thanks for you patience,
              cher

Comment

On a cable modem it will certainly be hours ... can take me 90 minutes or so on a 20 Mbs broadband pipe. I've disconnected in the past and MapUpdater just picks up where it left off, but that's not to say that will happen in your case.

Again though check virus program and/or firewall is not blocking the download

Comment

i'm having the same problem. was there ever a fix?

Comment

I'm leaving on a trip to Canada soon and need the map ASAP. Purchased it online and have tried to upload the map on two different machines, with two different OS, and several different web browser. I get the same "Do not disconnect while the download is in progress.
                    Estimated time remaining: calculating..." message with no response.

I called customer service today, spent 30 minutes on the phone with them. They weren't able to help. In fact, the tech was audibly getting frustrated with me. Their best suggestion was to go over to my local library and try to use their computer to download it. For the price of these maps, this issue is very frustrating.

Comment

I am having the EXACT same problem while trying to install the newly purchased City Navigator® Australia & New Zealand NT (230MB) maps i.e. never-ending 'Estimated time remaining: calculating...' loop.

My device is Nuvi 1370T. The original maps on it were North America/Europe. The other day I was able to SUCCESSFULLY UPDATE my North America/Europe maps for the device.

Now that I am trying to download the newly purchased Australia/NZ maps on the SAME device with PLENTY of free space, I am getting stuck in the never-ending 'Estimated time remaining: calculating...' loop.
                      I tried with these configurations:
                      1. Windows 7 Internet Explorer (both with and without Firewall ON. Firewall does not seem to be the cause of this problem.)
                      2. Windows 7 Firefox
                      3. Mac OSX 10.6.8 Chrome
                      4. Mac OSX 10.6.8 Safari

interestingly enough, for Safari configuration, the download FAILED immediately (without indicating any reason for failure)... For all other configurations, I got the never-ending 'Estimated time remaining: calculating...' loop.

I need help. I am planning on calling the customer support this coming Monday to see if they can do anything. If not, I would like my $160 back.

Comment

Are you using Express or Updater? If you've tried only one try the other.

And are you sure there is room? I know the EU ones come with 4Gb of space but the US ones only have 2Gb, if yours is the US model then I'd be surprised if the US/Europe and Aus/NZ maps would fit as most US users struggle to even fit the US map on!

If still no go you could try the cloning method. I always use it to download my maps and it's never failed me yet.

Copy the Garmin folder from your nuvi onto a SD card or USB stick. Then run GarminMapUpdater

MapUpdater will think the card/stick is your nuvi and download the maps. Once download has completed copy the map files to the Map folder on your nuvi (you may need to create that folder). You might also need to rename the map files depending on what the map files already on your nuvi are called.
                        Last edited by SUSSAMB; 06-01-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I don't know how to create a new post but I have an issue

I have bought online the map GARMAP Sub-Saharan Africa Streetmaps NT (445MB)

It downloads way too fast for my connection, it reaches 100% but when I check on my Garmin 810 it does not appear.
                          Did anybody have the same issue?

I am slightly desperate :-) I have been trying all day :-)

Enzo

Comment

Go to the correct forum (Edge 810) and click on 'Post new thread' button top left.

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                              Are you using Express or Updater? If you've tried only one try the other.

And are you sure there is room? I know the EU ones come with 4Gb of space but the US ones only have 2Gb, if yours is the US model then I'd be surprised if the US/Europe and Aus/NZ maps would fit as most US users struggle to even fit the US map on!

If still no go you could try the cloning method. I always use it to download my maps and it's never failed me yet.

Copy the Garmin folder from your nuvi onto a SD card or USB stick. Then run GarminMapUpdater

MapUpdater will think the card/stick is your nuvi and download the maps. Once download has completed copy the map files to the Map folder on your nuvi (you may need to create that folder). You might also need to rename the map files depending on what the map files already on your nuvi are called.
                              -I am 100% sure I have room: My device is 3.89GB and has 1.47 GB of available space + I am using an 8GB microSD card which has 4.95GB of available space. Australia/NZ maps are only 250 MB or so.
                              -I am using the web-site way of downloading the map (I guess it means I am using 'Updater' method i.e. I go to Garmin.com and log in into my account. Then I go to myMaps and click on 'Download now' for AU/NZ maps.
                              Last edited by IVAN.H.MAKARENKO@GMAIL.COM; 06-01-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X