Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garmin Express always says Updates Are Available, is there a way to know if it worked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Express always says Updates Are Available, is there a way to know if it worked

Hi, I used Garmin Express to get the latest software update and latest map (North America 2014.10). It said updates installed successfully. Then I check again and it says updates are available, wanting me to download 2014.10, which I just installed. So I did it again. And it still says that update is available whenever I relaunch the Express program.

That's odd, but my question is is there a way to confirm which map file is on my GPS? A way to make sure the 2014.10 file was actually installed onto it? Looking at the folders on the device nothing is jumping out, there's a Garmin folder with one little file, a GPX folder with one little file, etc. Where is the map data stored? Also is there a menu on the GPS itself to display the info of what map version I have, to confirm 2014.10 is on there?

In general that's odd, since the device says it's using at least 1.5 gigabytes or so, but I can only see 70mb or so of files in those folders, and I do have Windows7 set to show hidden files and folders, not seeing any there.

Thanks.
    Last edited by IZ09; 08-03-2013, 02:42 AM.

Also need to set Windows to show system files as the map files are in the folder .system

That won't confirm which mapset you have loaded though, just the date you did it, as whichever map it is will be called gmapprom.img. You don't say which GPS you have but you will find the map detail under something like Tools>Settings>Map>Map info

Reporting updates still being needed is something that has affected various Garmin 'update' programs over the years
    Last edited by SUSSAMB; 08-03-2013, 02:47 AM.
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Thanks for the info, its a Nuvi 52lm. Ah there it is, says CN North America NT 2014.10 under map info on the device there. Thanks again for the helpful quick reply

Comment

Working...
      X