Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

BaseCamp 3.0.2 is now available

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BaseCamp 3.0.2 is now available

This is an English only release.

The automatic update from within BaseCamp is available now. Direct download from http://www.garmin.com/support/downlo...ls.jsp?id=4435
    • Eliminated error messages at startup with blank SD cards.
    • Fixed several printing related issues.
    • Fixed issue when hovering over the 3D view after turning off lines or areas.
    • Fixed issue when importing a KML file that didn't contain any visible ground overlays.
    • Fixed issue with track and route join.
    • Fixed issue with track and route insert.
    • Fixed issue with geotagged photos on devices not being read.
    • Fixed issue when canceling an auto-route calculation.
    Last edited by ZHENKEL; 04-14-2010, 02:27 PM. Reason: Added direct download link

Just one quick clarification. This release is primarily aimed at improving the stability of BaseCamp. Just because other issues raised here in the forums weren't addressed doesn't mean that they aren't being worked on.

Comment

Have you changed something about POI display. It's not showing cities anymore when zoomed out.

BEWARE OF THIS VERSION - well at least how it is behaving after automatic update. It is impossible to know where you are when zoomed out far (as long as the overview map has not kicked in).

Could something have gone with the update, or is there something seriously unusable with 3.0.2???

It's only showing airports instead... WTF

This is also happening with City Navigator Europe 2009 (non NT, I don't have NT maps). But also with all my other maps.
      http://openmtbmap.org -- Get free maps for Mountainbiking and Hiking with autorouting that actually works.

Comment

I'm back to being able to print. Thank you.

Comment

I can't install the update, it just freezes at 0%

When I look in task manager the non-responsive program is called 7z Setup SFX.
          I'm using windows XP.

Comment

Originally posted by OPENMTBMAP.ORG View Post
            Have you changed something about POI display. It's not showing cities anymore when zoomed out.

BEWARE OF THIS VERSION - well at least how it is behaving after automatic update. It is impossible to know where you are when zoomed out far (as long as the overview map has not kicked in).

Could something have gone with the update, or is there something seriously unusable with 3.0.2???

It's only showing airports instead... WTF

This is also happening with City Navigator Europe 2009 (non NT, I don't have NT maps). But also with all my other maps.
            Solved. Somehow when Updating Basecamp unter Options --> Display --> POI were unticked. They were definitely ticked before.

Well after I reactivated POIs this problem is solved.

(However the whole selective activating is not properly working. If I untick lines there is no difference at all, also unticking areas does not lead to any visible difference (cache well deleted). As long as this is working as poorly as right now, the settings don't help much.
            http://openmtbmap.org -- Get free maps for Mountainbiking and Hiking with autorouting that actually works.

Comment

Where is 3.0.2?

Originally posted by ZHENKEL View Post
              This is an English only release.

The automatic update from within BaseCamp is available now. A direct download link will be provided shortly.
              • Eliminated error messages at startup with blank SD cards.
              • Fixed several printing related issues.
              • Fixed issue when hovering over the 3D view after turning off lines or areas.
              • Fixed issue when importing a KML file that didn't contain any visible ground overlays.
              • Fixed issue with track and route join.
              • Fixed issue with track and route insert.
              • Fixed issue with geotagged photos on devices not being read.
              • Fixed issue when canceling an auto-route calculation.
              the garmin site still only shows me 3.0.1 ?? could someone pls send me a link? I cannot use 3.0.1 now on my PC.. is just doesnt start anymore for absolutely no reason?! so i cannot do an in-app upgrade.

thanks

Comment

When I loaded the new release yesterday, there wasn't a new link. I had to go through the Help/Check for upgrades on the app itself.

Comment

its ok now.. after 10minutes! 3.0.1 loadede and i got it! Now it starts in only 1 minutes! lol Still sluggish, but at least it starts. Cannot check woth GPS at the moment as im away.

Comment

Direct download link now available. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

In general the announcement topics are created just to get everyone's attention and resolve any issues with download/install of the new version. Since BC 3.0.2 has been out for a while it seems that everyone has gotten the upgrade successfully.

If you have additional issues please create a new thread. All of the other discussions or suggestions for improvement got moved off into their own threads.

Hopefully no one rages this time because I locked a thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X