X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BaseCamp 4.4.4 Is Now Available

BaseCamp is 4.4.4 now available and can be downloaded here:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=4435

This release does not support XP.

Installation of this version will overwrite your previous BaseCamp installation.

Here are the changes made in this version:
    • Fixed several issues when using the Pan Tool and the <ALT> key to move route points
    • Fixed autorouting issue where straight line segments were inserted after each waypoint
    • Improved track to route behavior. Now supports preserving the shape of track sections that aren't near a road.
    • Improved handling in situations where the computer is low on memory
    • Changed displayed route times to take layovers into account
    • Fixed issue with 'higher education' map symbols showing up as airports
    • Fixed certain instances of route direction text where the text was 'turn left/right' instead of 'bear left/right'
    • Fixed issue when recalculating a route via the context menu in the data list
    • Fixed various issues sending data to memory cards
    • Changed to automatically unlock BirdsEye for a device when sending the BirdsEye to a card in that device
    • Fixed various issues with Adventure search
    • Fixed issue sending ADM files to cards for marine devices
    • Added the command line option /Disable3D to disable the 3D view in BaseCamp. This was added to prevent startup issues with misbehaving graphics drivers.

Post here if you have questions.

The non-English language version of the software will be available through the in-application software update check shortly.

Please post any bugs you may find here.

Thank you all in advance for any feedback you may have.

*4.4.3 as a version number was skipped to be in-line with the Mac version.

Think that's a first. With nothing done by me the new version picked up my old database and also retained toolbar position and other settings ... good job

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet though ...
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I just installed it. The update was issue free. I'll leave it to others to test the fixes (esp. routing).
      nuvi 1490T (6.30) + 32GB microSDHC card & ecoRoute HD, Oregon 600 (5.40) + 32GB microSDHC card & tempe, GPSmap 76CSx (4.00) + 32GB microSDHC card, GPS V (2.60), GPS 12XL (2.02)

This is a user-to-user forum. I am not, and never have been, a Garmin employee. My opinions are my own.

Comment

Address postcode search in UK is still broken, and now worse than previously. If you hit Ctrl + Alt + F to bring up the address fields, and then enter street number and postcode this results in the postcode being placed in the street field when you hit 'search'. If you input number, street and postcode. then hit 'search' the postcode is appended to the street name. If you just input the postal code, and select the result from the drop down box then hit 'search' the first part is placed in the Street Number field, the second in the Street field. Clearly none of these will give a result, although all should work.

The only way postcode search now works (so a step backwards) is in the search box top right ... and address search in the various fields works fine provided you know the full address and don't use the postcode. If you try inputting the full address including the postcode the postcode is appended to the City name and the search again fails.

@Stuart ... Glad I kept Mapsource, seems it's back to there for address searching again
        Last edited by SUSSAMB; 11-21-2014, 11:00 AM.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
          Address postcode search in UK is still broken. If you hit Ctrl + Alt + F to bring up the address fields, and then enter street number and postcode this results in the postcode being placed in the street field when you hit 'search'. If you input number, street and postcode. then hit 'search' the postcode is appended to the street name. If you just input the postal code, and select the result from the drop down box then hit 'search' the first part is placed in the Street Number field, the second in the Street field. Clearly none of these will give a result.

The only way postcode search now works (so a step backwards) is in the search box top right ... and address search in the various fields works fine provided you know the full address and don't use the postcode. If you try inputting the full address including the postcode the postcode is appended to the City name and the search again fails.
          We have a case open for this. It did not make it into this release. We are aware however of the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
            @Stuart ... Glad I kept Mapsource, seems it's back to there for address searching again
            Map what? Never heard of it
            nuvi 1490T (6.30) + 32GB microSDHC card & ecoRoute HD, Oregon 600 (5.40) + 32GB microSDHC card & tempe, GPSmap 76CSx (4.00) + 32GB microSDHC card, GPS V (2.60), GPS 12XL (2.02)

This is a user-to-user forum. I am not, and never have been, a Garmin employee. My opinions are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by JM47048 View Post
              We have a case open for this. It did not make it into this release. We are aware however of the issue.
              Ah OK, just it's worse than before so thought some tinkering had been done

Comment

It is likely unchanged

Comment

Must be my memory then

Comment

Yeah Dementia/Alzheimers can be a *****
                    Last edited by jm47048; 11-21-2014, 11:27 AM. Reason: Language

Comment

Downloaded, installed, opened problem route, recalculated - no straight lines.
                      New England Riders BaseCamp Tutorial:
                      http://www.newenglandriders.org/Learn_BaseCamp.htm

Comment

So, JM, just curious, do you know yet whether the fix of the straight-line problem corrects the issue seen on some devices (660 Srs Zumo's mostly I think) where they spontaneously recalc a route created in the previous BC version while it's being ridden? And is the advice to 660 owners to use MapSource "for the moment" (your words I think) to resolve the issue, now retracted, and 660 users can go back to BaseCamp for route planning?

Comment

This is strictly a BaseCamp related fix. Devices are not affected. The MapSource advice to which you refer still holds for Zumo 600 series users.

Comment

Originally posted by SBRUNING View Post
                            Downloaded, installed, opened problem route, recalculated - no straight lines.
                            Excellent! Glad we got you fixed.

Comment

I can't answer for JM but I'm not sure the spontaneous recalc issue is related to the straight-line routing issue. The spontaneous recalc problem some Zumo 660s have had predated the straight-line routing problem, which only showed up in a fairly recent Basecamp version. Although I have read about the spontaneously recalc issue on this forum and others I have never experienced a spontaneous recalc with my 660 with hundreds of routes over more than 30k miles. I'm involved with a rider org with probably a hundred plus 660's/665's and no one has experienced that particular issue, so I don't think it's a universal problem. Some 66Xs are certainly having an issue with routes created in Basecamp yet handle routes created in Mapsource fine.
                              New England Riders BaseCamp Tutorial:
                              http://www.newenglandriders.org/Learn_BaseCamp.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X