Frustrated!! Sync Waypoints from Basecamp (PC) to Nuvi 40

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated!! Sync Waypoints from Basecamp (PC) to Nuvi 40

I have marked all my waypoints on Basecamp- now, how do I sync them to my Nuvi 40. I have dragged and dropped them into the device yet I cannot see them on my device. How do I see them on my device. Can I sync waypoints from Basecamp to Nuvi. How do I turn waypoints into points of interest or are they the same thing? Do the waypoints show up under favorites?

Thank you much

Waypoints should show up as Favourites in your nuvi. POIs are generally embedded in the map data, but you can create your own and there are numerous 3rd party POI lists that you can install.

If drag/drop is not working select the waypoints you wish to send, then right click the selection and select 'Send to' then select your nuvi.
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

basecamp will work with the Nuvi 40??? Do you also know if I am able to transfer from google map to communicator to the Nuvi 40?

I downloaded a third party map for belize, guatemala, and el salvador; will the google to garmin work?

Comment

Sorry I don't as I've never experimented with Google mapping. Someone else here may be able to help.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Perhaps you have to import them somehow on the device to get them to show up.
          cheers... jack

04 BMW R1100S
          02 KTM 250 Exc Racing

SmugMug referral code: jXF8ohDWlTm56

Comment

Waypoints show up as Favorites on my 1490 and 765 and don't require special processing. Routes appear somewhere under Data have have to be explicitly imported pushing buttons directly on the GPS. Later one has to navigate the filesystem on the GPS to brute force delete uploaded route files. Tacky.

If BaseCamp doesn't list the existing waypoints, routes, and maps on your GPS then perhaps you have the same problem I am having. Is the boot volume of your Mac formatted "case sensitive"? I find BaseCamp can detect the GPS but transfer data if the boot volume is case sensitive. I have wiped and reinstalled MacOS X on virgin disk several times and verified. Always works if not case sensitive, never works if case sensitive. But its OK to mount a case sensitive volume, it just can't be the boot volume. Is my guess Basecamp tries to access its Preferences with the wrong filename. Creates the file with one spelling, opens for reading with another.

Comment

Bought a Nuvi 40LM while in Georgetown, Ky while we were using a rent car.
              The Nuvi 40 will not except routes from BC
              To copy waypoints from BC to Nuvi 40, plug the Nuvi 40 to your PC using the USB cable, once recognized by BC select the waypoints you wish to copy and drag them to the Nuvi 40 Internal Storage folder. The folder is at the bottom of the Data View window on the left side of BC.

Deleting waypoints from the Nuvi 40 is not so easy. You have to go to favorites, click on a waypoint select edit and delete then click Yes to delete. Each waypoint must be deleted individually.
              Have a Great Day!
              John

Comment

In my 465t you can select Tools, select My Data. Here you can delete Waypoints, Routes and Tracks or Import Route from File. Not sure if that is what you can do on the 40.

BC

Comment

Working...
                X