Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's new in BaseCamp 4.2

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's new in BaseCamp 4.2

    Trip Planner





    Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

  • #2
    Yelp Search Support


    UK Postal Code Search

    This should work for Canada as well.

    Quick search from the map
    Last edited by FALAGAR; 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM.
    Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

    Comment


    • #3
      Lists and folders with the same name

      Note that you cannot have lists/folders with the same name in the same sub-folder.

      Create routes with different profiles for each route leg


      Choose where BaseCamp stores your data
      This can be on a cloud service like SkyDrive or Dropbrox.
      Last edited by FALAGAR; 05-07-2013, 05:23 PM.
      Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

      Comment


      • #4
        Can this new BETA be installed as a second install and not effect 4.1.2?
        RV770 - RV760 - BASECAMP 4.6.2 - NUVI 3790LMT - dezl

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JASONBELLJR View Post
          Can this new BETA be installed as a second install and not effect 4.1.2?
          Yes you will be able to run both basecamp version on your PC, but they cannot run simultaneously.
          Your collection' folders will not appear in the beta version.
          MaGo77,Edge 1030, Edge 820, Epix, Oregon 650, Fenix, Edge1000, EdgeTouring+, Edge800, Nuvi 1490T, Colorado 300.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MARCELGOLL View Post
            Yes you will be able to run both basecamp version on your PC, but they cannot run simultaneously.
            Your collection' folders will not appear in the beta version.
            Yes, it will. But changes you make in 4.2 will not affect your 4.1 data.

            When you run 4.2, we will import 4.1, but leave the 4.1 data alone after that.
            Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

            Comment


            • #7
              Some feedback for beta 4.2.0.1 - the summary elapsed time for a route is double counting all but the last reading -BCBeta1c.png BCBeta1b.png BCBeta1a.png

              Comment


              • #8
                Beta 4.2.0.1 still seems to have a search result limit of 30 list items. Please add the ability to "Get More Results" or allow the user to specify the max items to be returned from a search.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DAVEAHRENDT View Post
                  Beta 4.2.0.1 still seems to have a search result limit of 30 list items. Please add the ability to "Get More Results" or allow the user to specify the max items to be returned from a search.
                  Sounds like a reasonable request. Can't promise this will make it into 4.2.
                  Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SAPHENA View Post
                    Some feedback for beta 4.2.0.1 - the summary elapsed time for a route is double counting all but the last reading -[ATTACH]11407[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]11408[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]11406[/ATTACH]

                    Thanks for pointing it out. We'll get that fixed.
                    Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Basecamp does not see an upgrade to 4.2 within itself. (4.1.2 ) Does it have to be downloaded separately?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        4.2 is currently only in beta form so yes, you have to download it separately.
                        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That is correct. Currently even the 4.2 Beta is not available, we should have it out later this week.

                          4.1.2 will not see the option to update to 4.2 till we release a stable (non-Beta) version of 4.2.
                          Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It would be very helpful to include an Estimated Time of Arrival [ETA] calculated for each Waypoint and turn in the Route Directions.

                            "Time" for each leg is already calculated in Basecamp and so is "Total Time" to each point, so how about going the next step and adding ETA's based upon the User's stated Start Time.

                            Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by WFMCCANN View Post
                              It would be very helpful to include an Estimated Time of Arrival [ETA] calculated for each Waypoint and turn in the Route Directions.

                              "Time" for each leg is already calculated in Basecamp and so is "Total Time" to each point, so how about going the next step and adding ETA's based upon the User's stated Start Time.

                              Thanks!
                              We do have this information in the route properties for all the via points. I'll add a request to have this on the route directions as well.
                              Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X