No announcement yet.

Getting "MSI error: InstallFailure" with version 4.1.0

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting "MSI error: InstallFailure" with version 4.1.0

I've tried loading the new 4.1.0 version three times now.....always fails with above message.

I'm on a Windows7 PC. The previous version of BC was working fine on this device. Anybody else getting this?

Try downloading (again) from http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=4435 and see if that works.
    Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

Comment

FALAGAR - That link was where I downloaded the file already. I tried one more time....same result. Originally, I was opening Basecamp to work on a project when it prompted me with the update notice. When that update attempt failed I went to the site you provided.....same result four times now....

Do you know of a link to the previous version because I have neither at the moment?

Comment

Garmin doesn't provide one, but try this link for the 4.0.5 installer: http://www8.garmin.com/software/BaseCamp_405.exe.
        Last edited by FALAGAR; 01-28-2013, 03:57 PM.
        Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

Comment

Thanks - reloaded 4.0.5 with no issues. Will watch for next update and try again.

Comment

Did anyone find te solution? I tried this way (installing from BCMAIN.msi), but then I got an error message:
            скрин ошибки basecamp.jpg
            The same error appears when trying to install any previous version of BC (except MapSource). Seems like there are some troubles with MSI package on windows x64 arch. BC works fine on my old laptop with Win 7 x32. On 64-bit arch device I was to roll back to MapSource

Comment

Originally posted by KOROSTEL@TUT.BY View Post
              Did anyone find te solution? I tried this way (installing from BCMAIN.msi), but then I got an error message:
              [ATTACH]11475[/ATTACH]
              The same error appears when trying to install any previous version of BC (except MapSource). Seems like there are some troubles with MSI package on windows x64 arch. BC works fine on my old laptop with Win 7 x32. On 64-bit arch device I was to roll back to MapSource
              I forwarded your question to the installer team. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Comment

The same problem with Windows 7 Starter SP1 into an Acer laptop. When I'm trying to install Ant Agent 2.3.4.0, the same problem '"MSI error: InstallFailure" occurs. Also, I can't uninstall previous Ant version.

I already try to disable and enable .NET framework 3.5.1, but with no success.

Comment

Hello, I have exact same problem as "victorsanchez2" getting the MSI failure during the attempt to install the ANT Agent for my brand new Forerunner 910XT - anyone that have found a solution for this ?
                  Last edited by RobbieSven; 08-05-2013, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Well the MSI error is a Windows/Micosoft error rather than a Garmin error so is probably a problem somewhere in your PC. Have you tried looking at the various Microsoft fixes? Maybe start here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651
                    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Did anyone find a solution to this? I'm facing the same thing with the Ant Agent.

Comment

I am unable to install basecamp on my PC after purchasing a Garmin etrex 30. If there isnt a fix, is there any way to save routes and waypoints onto my PC?

Comment

Perhaps you could tell us why you're unable to?

But you could copy the .gpx files from the GPX folder and view them in any other suitable program.
                          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                          Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Ah I should have said.

I tried installing basecamp with the basecamp_425.exe and received an error box while installing saying "MRI Error: InstallFailure"

I have installed numerous programs but this is the first time I have ever received this error. This makes me believe that it is a program rather than my windows setting.

Yes I am able to open them on EasyGPS however this doesnt let me measure area or see the points on an map.
                            Last edited by SUSSAMB; 02-24-2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X