No announcement yet.

Download Europe NT to BaseCamp from DriveSmart 61

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download Europe NT to BaseCamp from DriveSmart 61

I am trying to install the Europe Maps that I bought from Garmin and downloaded to my Drivesmart 61 GPS to basecamp.
    The installed North America maps I installed with Garmin Express... however it did not give me an option to select any other map except the North America.
    I want to be able to plan my Europe routes without having to hookup the GPS every time.
    Regards

You can't I'm afraid. Your only option is as in this thread https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-...topo-us-24k-ma
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Thanks for the reply.... I did this with my marine maps and HomePort... thought BaseCamp might be different since it does allow you to download the resident GPS map.
      Thanks

Comment

I copied the image file to a USB drive... when I open BC it sees the map but says it has a problem opening the map.
        I tried coping the file a couple of times..
        Any thoughts as why it is giving an error... screenshot attached.. ..
        SnipImage.JPG

Comment

Strange. Have you checked the size of the file against the original one to ensure it copied across correctly? If they're the same run JaVaWa's Device Manager to see if it reports any errors http://www.javawa.nl/jdm_en.html
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I checked the files several times and the byte count is exactly the same... This is a Europe NT map and the file is not labeled gmapsupp.img
            What Is the NT represent. Is it NT file format requiring a NT file system... I copied the IMG file on to a FAT formatted USB drive.

Comment

NT is just the older style of EU map, but it should still work okay. Your USB drive should be FAT32, not FAT, and you did place the map in a folder named Garmin?

Comment

Reformatted thumb-drive... copied file again in Garmin folder... same results...
                It recognizes and displays the map file name but has error opening... same as photo I attached earlier

Comment

Did you try JaVaWa's Device Manager as I suggested?

Comment

Working...
                  X