No announcement yet.

Question about Device Transfer Options in Basecamp

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Device Transfer Options in Basecamp

I'm using Basecamp 4.6.2 and transferring routes to an RV660. The routes appear to transfer successfully. The routes consist of a waypoint at the beginning and at the end, at the same location (my home). There are numerous shaping points to define the route. All shaping points have been set to "Won't Alert". The routes "work" when the routes are followed exactly. If there is a deviation in the actual route of the vehicle (due to construction, error, or just a desire to go a different way) the RV660 seems to recalculate. When it recalculates, the RV660 completely changes the route on the screen, ignores the shaping points, and re-routes directly to the next waypoint (which is my home). If I re-start the route, is just calculates a route back to my home; what I'd like to do is to be recalculated back onto the route I transferred, to the next shaping point.

1) How can I set up the route so that in the event of a recalculation it recalculates me to the next shaping point?
    2) In Basecamp Edit-->Options-->Device Transfer are a couple of set-up choices. One is "Strip shaping points from routes on transfer to device" and "Also sent the original route in case I want to recalculate later". What effect do these two setups have?

If you really need to visit every shaping point or have the option to select it then you really need to change them to via rather than shaping points, bearing in mind you're limited to 30 viapoints. You may though find it sufficient to just set a few to via points.

Can't help you with the two options you mention as I never use them.
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

OK and thank you. Does viapoint = waypoint? Does waypoint = viapoint?

Comment

There are minor differences but for all purposes you can call them the same in this instance. However see here the sticky https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-...ing-points-101
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Working...
        X