Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to create new W10 account. My maps are visible to Basecamp but locked.(Zumo 660)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to create new W10 account. My maps are visible to Basecamp but locked.(Zumo 660)

I remember that there's a key file that I have to copy or some such thing but I can't find it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Joe

PS: thanks to Microsoft for update to V1809 failing and rollback taking my user profiles away. At least it didn't erase my data or programs

Locked where? BaseCamp or device? Either way just use Express to reinstall the map.
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Sorry - I guess my first comment was ambiguous. The Zumo works fine but even when it's plugged into my PC, Basecamp complains that all the maps are locked and will display only a base map looking thing.

I will try Express.

Comment

Well, I downloaded a new map to my PC and 660 (2019.3). It works fine on the Zumo but despite the garmin website saying that my map is unlocked, it's still locked to Basecamp. What next?

Comment

Try this, but if it doesn't work you'll need to contact Product Support for the codes

Start Map Product Manager from "Maps" menu, go to "Unlock regions" tab, select the appropriate map and then click on Import to get the unlock Code files (*.gma and *.unl) from your GPS. Those files will either be in the Garmin folder (older devices and handhelds) or the hidden .system folder (newer devices) on your GPS. However if you've installed maps to a SD card then they'll be in the Garmin folder on the card.
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I found a .gma file in the Garmin folder. When I imported it, it wanted me to select regions almost city by city. I did that and now it says it's going to install this on my device 'which could take hours'. My device is fine, it's Basecamp that's locked. Can't I copy the unlocks on the device to the PC somewhere?

Comment

As per my post above ... Click on import and they should be imported.

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED: I searched my old user directory for .gma files and found them in c:/user/Joe/appdata/roaming/Garmin/Maps and copied them all to c:/user/Joe1 etc. All the older maps unlocked immediately - 2019.3 took 30 seconds for some random reason but it's OK now too. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Great, I'll close this thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X