Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferring "My Collection" from BaseCamp on one computer to BaseCamp on another

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring "My Collection" from BaseCamp on one computer to BaseCamp on another

On two computers I am running BaseCamp version 4.7.0 (with Windows 10). I want to transfer my "My Collection" from BaseCamp on one computer to BaseCamp on another computer without collapsing the folder hierarchy I've developed on the first computer. I tried exporting "My Collection" from the first computer and then importing it into the second computer. The problem: This process collapsed my hierarchical folder structure. Now on the second computer I have just one flattened folder. I believe that no information was lost only my folder structure.

There must be a better way. Any ideas?
    Last edited by UpperLeftCorner; 10-30-2018, 11:40 AM. Reason: I am editing for clarification. The content really didn't change.

Search for alldata.gdb on your PC. Copy the folder containing that file to your other PC to replace the folder there. The folder will probably be named 4.6 or 4.7 depending on which version you're using.
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I have always used the Backup and Restore tools without any loss of data or structure.

Comment

Hi,
        I'm using dropbox to share data between my desktop and laptop.
        1. On your dropbox, create a folder in which you will share the data
        2. Copy your data (use method Sussamb from above to locate the folder) to your dropbox folder
        3. Start basecamp, in options, general, change the database location to dropbox
        4. After restart basecamp, check if everything is OK
        5. On the other desktop/laptop, change the database location to the dropbox folder, after restart basecamp you will have the data in common!
        Good luck,
        Cheers
        Luc

Comment

Working...
        X