Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem deleting previously saved tracks

Whenever I connect my Montana 610 to Basecamp, previously saved, then deleted tracks on the GPS return to the "Internal Storage" folder.

The previously saved tracks have been deleted on the GPS and are forever gone from "Track Manager" in the GPS and temporarily from the "Internal Storage" folder shown in Basecamp for the GPS.

When I reconnect the GPS to the computer or restart Basecamp, these tracks reappear in the "Internal Storage" folder for the GPS in Basecamp.

Where are these "deleted" tracks being stored?

How did you save them? Did you send them from BaseCamp? Check in the GPX folder to see what is there, also you may find some in the Archive folder. If BaseCamp is saying they are there they will be there somewhere
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I initially saved tracks on the Montana on a daily basis while traveling. The result was tracks named with a date code. Upon return home I copied these saved tracks into a list in Basecamp and renamed them in the list. I then deleted the tracks from the Montana in "Track Manager". At that point, these tracks were indeed missing from "Track Manager". However when the Montana was reconnected to the PC, the deleted tracks reappeared in the "Internal Storage" folder for the GPS shown in Basecamp. Deleting them from the "Internal Storage" folder produced only temporary results because they reappear in the "Internal Storage" folder shown in Basecamp whenever Basecamp is restarted, but they do not show up on the Montana itself..

The tracks do not show up as being archived on the Montana either.

I've checked for all GPX files on the Montana and these tracks are not there. I suspect that the Montana has archived tracks in some other consolidated file format.

A few months ago I had occasion to perform a master reset to the GPS for another reason and that action did indeed clear other remaining tracks that I had been unable to eradicate. I dislike doing it that way because of the many personalized settings in need of restoration.

Thanks for the response

Comment

Well something is weird as I don't have that issue with my Montana. If the files aren't in the GPX folder or the Archive folder then there is nowhere else they would be. BaseCamp can only show what's on your device. You could try doing a search on your Montana for *.gpx files to see if there are any stray gpx files that BC is using.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Did you save the tracks and clear the current track log or just save tracks? If you never clear the track log, then it will eventually be archived automatically unless you have changed the track log settings. All archived tracks will appear in BaseCamp under the Devices>Internal Storage. These auto-archived logs usually contain more than one track. If I recall correctly, BaseCamp will break an auto-archived track log into individual tracks when viewed in BaseCamp. I would suggest viewing the current log and any archived track logs on your device (not thru BaseCamp) and see if those tracks appear when you opt to view on map.
          Last edited by BTLAAKE; 11-01-2018, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I finally found the files on the Montana in the Activity folder! I had set the GPS to record as both GPX and FIT format. They were all in FIT format. Deleting these FIT files resulted in their demise.

Thanks for the suggestions

Comment

Glad you resolved it. I'll close this thread.

Comment

Working...
              X