Map unlock

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map unlock

Hello,
    The reason I joined this forum was to seek help with Basecamp and a Topo Australia & NZ map.
    I have a new GPS and map product to go with it. Basecamp was installed form the DVD, and updated when it asked me to.

The product key for the map was successfully accepted, but this didn’t actually unlock the map detail.
    Basecamp still says something to the effect of “map detail locked” (it’s been a while since I tried this, but gave it a fair bit of effort at the time).
    I say the product key was accepted, not because anything happened, but because any further attempts to enter it result in a message:
    “This product key has already been consumed”.

I probably haven’t tried to send it to the GPS unit because Basecamp isn’t dealing with it properly yet.
    Does anyone have any ideas to fix this? Cheers.

If you are in NZ or Australia, phone Garmin in Sydney on 0800 427 652 during Sydney time 8:30 to 5:00 and they will be able to talk you through it. Having installed the same map myself a few years ago I know how very difficult it is to get the unlock system to work.

For a free map (donation site) try OpenStreetMap as they do street and topo maps.
    Free maps for Garmin devices and software, made with data from OpenStreetMap. General use, trucks and topographic versions.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the reply, but the support line is business hours, which is why I went through the rigmarole to barely manage to post on this forum.

Comment

Unfortunately with account issues like this you need to do as suggested and contact Garmin.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I don’t care much about the account issues on this forum as issues with the unit itself and map.
          Including travel, my day is much longer than that, and not the sort of job I can bring a GPS and laptop and talk on the phone.
          There’s a Garmin support email too, but that hasn’t even been replied. It’s been longer than a month now.

I’d return it, but the screen protector is off now, and I activated the sat imagery timer for the year.
          This is the worst experience I’ve had with any name brand product. Everything about it suggests they lack respect for the customer.
          I’ve decided to sell it and stick with the 60csx, which I still have the card for. I’ll cop the loss, and someone else might have better luck.

Comment

Ring them and get it resolved. It's not rocket science.
            Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
            (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

As I’ve already mentioned, my working day extends well past Garmin's support line hours in both directions.
              It’s been at least four months since I’ve had a weekday off, and my longest break is half hour, which I have no intention of spending on the phone.

If you think that’s reasonable to get a product working when a support forum, and support email exist, then we disagree about what one might call a resolution.
              It isn’t as if I didn’t try every other avenue on multiple occasions.

Comment

Fair enough but you're unlikely to get it resolved here. I've always had a prompt response when I've emailed Garmin. If you're not getting a reply what email address are you using? There are also Twitter and Facebook pages that you could try. Again response is fairly quick.

Comment

Working...
                X