BaseCamp Not recognising maps installed on computer

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BaseCamp Not recognising maps installed on computer

Hi,
    I have been going around in circles tryio fix a problem I have with BaseCamp on my Windows 10 machine. I have downloaded the maps to my computer, but BaseCamp wont see them. I have reinstalled both BaseCamp and Garmin Express and can see the maps installed on my device - which I have 2; 590LM and BMW Nav V, and I can only access the maps installed on the device. It is similar to this topic but the solution was to sign into BaseCamp, which again I cant see.
    https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-...showing-detail

Thanks Dave W

How did you download the maps to your computer?
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Via Garmin Express. The only thing I haven't done is download the maps again to my device, which I am just trying now.
      Just read in another post that I may found my issue. I install the maps on another drive, so I will have to put them in the default location and then move and creat a link to fix it, or has this bug been fixed?
      Last edited by Dave_W_; 10-20-2018, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Well followed the instructions and all working as it should. So just one question now, where on a Windows 10 PC are the locations of the Library in BaseCamp? I removed everything but have backups, so want to restore my saved trips, tracks etc.
        Thanks Dave

Comment

Search for alldata.gdb

That's the database and it varies depending on windows version. However how did you backup your data? It may not involve finding where the database is stored.
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I have all the folders in my recycle bin still. I'll give Garmin a call on Monday and ask them exactly where they are for Windows 10

Comment

If in your recycle bin just restore them ... they'll be put back where they came from

Comment

Just to help anyone with knowing where they are, here is the answer from Garmin.
                I restored them over the installed files from my Acronis backup.

BaseCamp stores the data found in My Collection in a file named AllData.gdb. The List and Folder structures in BaseCamp are saved in the FolderData.gfi file.

These files are located at:
                • Windows Vista and newer:
                  • C:\Users\(username)\App Data\Roaming\Garmin\BaseCamp\Database\Latest Version of BaseCamp folder (example 4.4)\
                • Windows XP:
                  • C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Garmin\BaseCamp\Database\Latest Version folder (example 4.2)\
                • Mac OS X:
                  • Mac HD\Users\(username)\Library\Application Support\Garmin\BaseCamp\DataBase\Latest Version of BaseCamp folder (example 4.4)\

They should not be accessed for any purposes other that troubleshooting. If you are wanting to restore than the backup and restore option on basecamp should work.,

Comment

Working...
                X