No announcement yet.

Basecamp nor POI Loader will not send GPX data to Nuvi 765

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basecamp nor POI Loader will not send GPX data to Nuvi 765

Nuvi 765 and most recent version of both apps will not "convert" the GPX file from the URL attached.
    The files I am interested in are:
    St. Helen to Geels Trail & MCCCT
    St. Helen Trail & Route

at: https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...7885--,00.html

They are GPX files and can be opened and displayed in Basecamp and added to my Garmin device and it's internal storage but are not visable on the device when I unplug it. POI Loader just says they are an invalid format and closes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Charlie

POI loader is for POIs not tracks/routes.

As for the tracks/routes ... Which are they? How many points are in them when you've installed them in BaseCamp?
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I guess they are tracks, this is why I posted the source. It shows 29 tracks when I select all. As for points, not sure how to determine that.

Comment

In BC right click and select properties. Note though if they are tracks your nuvi cannot read tracks.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

1310 tracks, guess I need to look into converting. Did convert a few but they were routes and appear to be point of a destination.

Comment

I did open one of the tracks in two different apps, one of which was Basecamp. Compressed zip file extraction is required. The file that was opened was named as a route, but was in gpx track format as well as other file formats. Each app showed 109 track points. Be sure that you are working with the file in gpx format after extraction.

Comment

This is just not working. Any semi-detailed steps to me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I've worked with hundreds of shp file and overlays with much less effort.

Comment

Sorry but you'll need to explain exactly what you're doing, step by step, otherwise trying to guess what you're doing wrong is impossible. I've worked with BC and gpx files for years and rarely had problems, where I did the error was in the initial gpx file, not all religiously stick to the gpx format.

Comment

Working...
                X