Garmin nuvi 2567LM - Using Trip Planner

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin nuvi 2567LM - Using Trip Planner

Hi
    As a Newbie may I ask if anybody here knows the answer to the following?
    (My GPS device is the Garmin nuvi 2567LM 5" GPS Sat Nav - UK & W.Europe)
    I have a 700 kilometres journey, split up into 4 separate points but crucially I do NOT want to stop at points 2 and 3
    (Points 2 and 3 are both points that get me past complicated motorway junctions)
    So my question is can I start from point 1 and jump straight to point 4, or do I manually have to move from 2 to 3 as I pass those positions ?
    I hope that I have explained this correctly; I thought that I was constructing a Map with way points, but I see flags on the map route instead so I just need to be clear about the function of Trip planner.
    Thank you
    Danny
    Thank you
    Danny

It'll route you through the points. No need for any intervention on your part. Note though you must pass through viapoints. I prefer to use shaping points unless it's critical I hit a point.
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

So provided I have got everything right - it will jump from point to point once I go past each one in the sequence I have them.
      Brilliant !! ...
      Thanks so much for your reply you have been really helpful.
      Ps I just thought about this ( in my excitement I forgot to ask ) what are "shaping points" I see no app on my version for that - it must be on a later version than mine. ?
      Kind regards
      Danny
      Last edited by corrie90; 04-16-2018, 04:55 AM.
      Thank you
      Danny

Comment

I'm surmising that it may be possible to import up to 250 (direct) route points (no hidden shape points) into a Nuvi/Drive set to "Drive Fastest" calculation and have the device create nine or ten contiguous routes containing up to twenty nine or thirty points. I'll get around to checking it out now that I reinstalled Basecamp and cleared out some extraneous test data.

Comment

Originally posted by corrie90 View Post
          Ps I just thought about this ( in my excitement I forgot to ask ) what are "shaping points" I see no app on my version for that - it must be on a later version than mine. ?
          Kind regards
          Danny
          Your device supports shaping points. In trip planner tap the flag of any point you want to change to a shaping point. The symbol will them change from a flag to a circle. Shaping points are more forgiving that viapoints, and are therefore easier to skip should you not pass through them exactly or choose to detour around them for some reason. Changing shaping points to viapoints is done the same way.

Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Working...
          X