Adventures and Garmin Cloud services will be discontinued after May 20th, 2018

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures and Garmin Cloud services will be discontinued after May 20th, 2018

This is to inform you that Adventures and Garmin Cloud services will be discontinued after May 20th, 2018. Users can access these applications through the published date to retrieve their data. The Adventures on your computer will be left in place but find and publishing will be discontinued. Users who wish to sync their data to a third party Cloud storage service may do so by modifying the Database Options in BaseCamp to point it to a folder under the Cloud storage service root.
    Last edited by equinox1234; 04-02-2018, 10:48 AM.

Was the View in Google Earth also removed? That is an extremely useful tool for verifying new POIs during trip planning. Please put it back.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Very disappointed in Garmin with this move, taking away one of the best features Garmin had. Now I have updated to the newest version on Basecamp, v4.7.0, I have changed my default database to a cloud services, Dropbox, but its not working. Specifically when you change your database you "loose" all your tracks and way points. So for testing purposes I created a fake adventure but when I got finished creating it, there was no window showing me that it was created with an overview and allow me to share. All it will let me do is edit the adventure. I am very familiar with creating them.

*I hope a Garmin tech will response with some info on this issue.

Comment

I too am very disappointed with the deletion of the ability to look at waypoints and routes in Google Earth.

Comment

Just revert to 4.6.2
            Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
            Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
            (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
              Just revert to 4.6.2
              What will 4.6.2 give us back?

Comment

Link to Google Earth for one
                Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                  Link to Google Earth for one
                  Personal I don't have an issue with that with the new version you can still do that its just a few more steps.
                  Click the the track you want to view ->File-> Export-> Export Selection-> save that somewhere. Open Google earth, in Google earth File-> Open->change the extstion next to the file name to Gps->then find what you saved and open it.

Comment

Ehhh lack of Garmin Cloud is sad i have few PCs with basecamp. One of them is my windows tablet which i take for long trip to manage new routes and points in my epix/fenix/etrex. I usualy make a track on PC with big screen an then use it on tablet via coud.
                    Anyone has solution for attaching external drive like onedrive/google drive or similar?

Comment

Hello all,

As far as the cloud storage goes, although the built in option where user data was stored on Garmin's servers is no longer available, it is possible to point BaseCamp to a third party cloud storage service as the location for your My Collection. It takes a little bit of set up, and you will need to follow the steps on each computer you want to have linked together, but instructions can be found at the link below. Once it is set up, you won't have a "Cloud Storage" section like that which existed before. Instead, the entire My Collection itself will be stored on whichever third party cloud storage service you use.

Windows PC insctructions:
                      https://support.garmin.com/?faq=OSlp...roductID=52801

For Mac, there is a slightly different path that was pointed out by a user on the Mac side of the forums here: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-...46#post1357946

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks, with that done successfully, how do we create an adventurer now that we can share? I created a test adventure with the data i have, when i look in my Dropbox i see the info that was created but wheres the link i share? is the a file that i suppose to share, if so which one?
                        Last edited by SUSSAMB; 07-13-2018, 12:27 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote

Comment

So is this the reason why I can't actually login so I can use birdseye data as in add more????

Comment

Working...
                          X