Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB ANT Not Active

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the exact same problems as you have, except that I'm running Windows XP SP3, but my USB ANT stick isn't recognized. (The ANT USB "stick" that came with my forerunner barely fits into the USB port and you can see 4 data lines on one side of it. It looks identical to image 2 on https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop...gallery-dialog).

I installed the ANT Agent software (ver 2.3.4) but I see a red slash through it. I've also ensured that "Enabled" was checked under "Pair new devices".

I'd like to transfer and view my workouts on garminconnect. After all, isn't that the point?

Thanks,

Carl

Comment

I was able to install ANT Agent 2.3.4 on my work lap top running Windows XP SP3. I did notice that before installation, Windows pops up a window that asks something like "Is it ok for Windows to go to Windows Connect?" I think Windows needs to go to some site to download drivers for the ANT stick.

I've installed and uninstalled ANT Agent 2.3.4 many times but cannot get the Windows prompt before installation. Can someone tell me how to get the Windows prompt back before ANT Agent 2.3.4 program installation?

Many thanks,

Carl Cygan

Comment

The USBDrivers_231.exe provided by Garmin didn't work for me.

If anyone has issues with Windows 7 x64 not finding the "Ant USB-m stick" driver, try downloading the driver package from this page: http://www.thisisant.com/developer/c..._resources_tab

Then in Device Manager, you can right-click and update-driver and point to the location where you extracted the zip file.

Comment

garmin ant usb

Esta solução funcionou para min depois de muita tentativas foi a unica correta, obrigado fiquei muito feliz.

Originally posted by PHUC77 View Post

If anyone has issues with Windows 7 x64 not finding the "Ant USB-m stick" driver, try downloading the driver package from this page: http://www.thisisant.com/developer/c..._resources_tab

Then in Device Manager, you can right-click and update-driver and point to the location where you extracted the zip file.

Comment

I had the same issue with ANT stick and 910XT with ver 2.70 installed.
            Tried removing software and repeated installs several times before googling got me to this thread.
            On my Windows XP I right clicked My Computer, then Device Manager, Then libusb devices and discovered a BIG YELLOW "?" next to ANTusb.
            Simply right click this entry, and select Update Driver. Select "Allow search in internet", and Hey Presto, all was fixed in seconds.

This solution suggests the ANT Agent installer is out of date.

Comment

A huge, huge thank you to PHUC77 for posting the link to proper USB drivers for the new mini ANT stick (which came with my 310XT). I have been searching the Internet for hours yesterday and today trying all the different fixes in the hopes of finding a way for my Win 7 64-bit laptop to recognize the stick, to no avail, until now. I recommend everyone give this one a try.

And more importantly Garmin tech support should incorporate these drivers into their packages. Allowing Windows to search for the driver on the Internet never worked for me. I downloaded and installed (and re-installed, and re-installed, etc.) the ANTAgent234 and USBDrivers231 files to no avail.

It seems quite a few customers are experiencing this problem, which is really, really frustrating since we buy the wonderful Garmin watches to be able to download and analyse our workouts!

Thanks again PHUC77!

Comment

Superb...worked for me. Many thanks for saving me a call to Customer Support!

Comment

Originally posted by ABYSSMASTER View Post
                  Just purchased a forerunner 910xt, signed up for garmin connect and tried to install and run the ANT software.

USB stick is recognised but the ANT agent connection status stay firmly as Not Active despite trying numerous workarounds listed on these forums. The icon has the big red slash across it.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit pro

Is this an ANT issue or a compatability issue cos its very frustrating if I can't access my workouts, afterall that is the whole point
                  I had the same problem several times. The solution was easier for me. I deleted Garmin Ant Agent and reinstalled the latest version. I went into system/settings and made sure data transfer and initial pairing was turned on and then everything worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARMIOC View Post
                    Thanks again PHUC77!
                    Thank you PHUC77!
                    This drivers solved my problem (NOT ACTIVE state)

Comment

To solve the problem, definitely

I solved the problem by downloading another driver form another website
                      http://www.thisisant.com/developer/c..._resources_tab

Save it on your desktop (wherever you want, actually) and update the driver.

Comment

frustrating that Garmin wouldn't install updated drivers for Windows 7 . . .

Originally posted by ABYSSMASTER View Post
                        Just purchased a forerunner 910xt, signed up for garmin connect and tried to install and run the ANT software.

USB stick is recognised but the ANT agent connection status stay firmly as Not Active despite trying numerous workarounds listed on these forums. The icon has the big red slash across it.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit pro

Is this an ANT issue or a compatability issue cos its very frustrating if I can't access my workouts, afterall that is the whole point

I had the same problem and spent 2 hours uninstalling/re-installing, connecting a USB hub to my USB 3.0 port, researching, cursing Windows and Microsoft, pulling my hair out . . . Finally I found the Ant site technical support area, downloaded the drivers, and the problem was solved in 3 minutes. You can find it here:

http://www.thisisant.com/developer/c..._resources_tab

I hope Garmin fixes this soon for other customers so they don't have to go through the frustration and hassle. This was a poor experience; I expect much more from Garmin and a high end device like the 910XT.

Comment

Same problem here.
                          Have tried everything that I found on the Garmin support. Probably I'm "running much newer versions" as well... :-/
                          Just sent an email to support, lets see.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Thank you soooooooo much!

I have got the same problem with my Windows 7 32-bit and have tried all ways mentioned in this thread. Only this link helps!!!!!!!!

I think the newer version of the USB driver got its problem... Garmin guys need to look into this...

Comment

I had the same problem, solved it by moving the USB from a 3.0 to a 2.0 USB slot.

Comment

Another disconnected soul

I'm another lost soul! I have the ANT USB-m Stick installed, and the driver says it's up to date. I downloaded the ANT Agent from Garmin's site http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=3741 and that's installed. The install finished by asking me to login to my Garmin Connect account but as I haven't registered yet I clicked out. Since then I can't get it to do anything even though in Task manager it's shown using about 8MB of memory but nothing on the CPU, so dead.

I've now downloaded the zip files from the thisisant website (they're labelled as for developers only..), both the ANT USB Driver - Windows and the ANTware II, but not run them yet, and not sure how to. So, if I have it right ...
                                1. I uninstall everything (Garmin ANT Agent, and Garmin ANT USB driver)
                                2. Install thisisant drivers and stick
                                3. Install ANTware II software

The Ant LibUsb drivers install the neccesary drivers to use your Ant USB Stick 2 or USB-m. If you have an internet connection the drivers will also install any value added software that has been enabled by the stick vendor. If the vendor has not enabled any downloads, for development and OEM sticks, or if you do not have an internet connection, no software will be downloaded and you will have to obtain the software to use your Ant device on your own (ie: download AntWareII from thisisant.com developer zone).
                                Hopefully this'll work (I want to be able to view data without having to use Garmin Connect as I'm not always going to have internet connectivity for one thing!) Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X