Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

310xt/ANT agent doesn't transfer data automatically

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 310xt/ANT agent doesn't transfer data automatically

    HI,
    I've having problems getting the ANT agent to transfer my activities automatically from my 310XT to my PC. I've tried this on two PCs, same problem.

    Current PC details:

    WinXP-32bit - latest updates.
    Firefox 5.0
    And Agent 2.2.17

    310XT details
    Software Version 3.70
    GPS: 2.10

    When I freshly pair the 310xt with the agent, all the activities get transferred over. But after that, no fresh activities are transferred
    unless I re-pair them. Once they are re-paired the data is sent automatically.


    Anyone any ideas ?

  • #2
    When a device is paired to a PC, if GAA says it is "Waiting for new data", it will discover and download new activities from a FR310xt if the device advertises that it "has new data" or if GAA has data to send to that device. Does your GAA say it is waiting for new data? Or does it have a Red line through the icon indicating it cannot see the ANT Usb stick. If it is waiting for new data, you may need to contact Garmin support as there may be an issue with your device setting it's new data flag. You can better confirm this if you are able to send something like a Course, Workout, or User Profile from GarminTraining Center or Garmin Connect to your device using GAA without having to re-pair the device.

    Bryan

    Comment


    • #3
      How are you terminating an activity?

      Are you press 'Stop'?

      Do you then do a Reset?

      Let us know the process you follow after completing an activity lease

      Comment


      • #4
        OK. Today is a good example. I ran last night, pressed STOP at the end, and turned the watch off some time later.

        today I turned the watch on.
        disabled GPS.
        Plugged the ANT usb stick into the laptop.
        (ANT agent is in the "waiting for new data" stage right now.)
        noticed nothing was transfering, so I pressed & held RESET to terminate the activity.

        Still nothing transferring.

        So, I've started a test activity.
        stopped it after a couple of mins.
        pressed & held RESET again.
        (still no transfer for 5+ mins)
        Enabled pairing on the ANT software
        Enabled pairing on the watch.
        Waited a couple of mins, still no transfer.
        removed and re-installed the ANT usb stick
        waited a few more mins.
        powered off and on the watch
        (still nothing)
        disabled GPS again.
        Data was sent.





        Originally posted by PHILIPSHAMBROOK View Post
        How are you terminating an activity?

        Are you press 'Stop'?

        Do you then do a Reset?

        Let us know the process you follow after completing an activity lease

        Comment


        • #5
          I had same problem but on mac with my 310 xt. I reinstaled ant agent and it didn't help.

          It seems the problem was solved after i hard reset the 310xt and it works as before.

          I think it started after i instaled 3.90 firmware to my watch.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have exactly the same problem - but only since the last update.

            Each time I want to upload an activity I now need to re-pair the device with the agent. 310xt as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              My 310xt (ver 3.8) and Ant Agent (ver 2.2.17) were working perfectly until last week, then I couldn't get the 310 to transfer any workouts. I tried to force it, soft reset, closing the Ant Agent and restarting it, nothing worked.

              I knew the Ant Agent had a newer version out there but didn't want to upgrade because it seems the testing of new firmware versions is lacking at Garmin and usually are very buggy. I reluctantly uploaded to the newest Ant Agent software and I was again able to upload from my 310xt. Only real problem now, if you call it that, is the Ant Agent uses your computers memory resources even when you close and unpin it from your task bar.

              Comment


              • #8
                GAA not seeing new workouts

                I have 310XT 3.9 and GAA 2.3.2 and just last week also started having issues with GAA not seeing new workouts (even though GAA did not have a line through it and I've stopped and reset after the workout).

                I've had to re-pair and then it works - however it no longer is saving .fit files in activities, just .tcx files in history.

                I did notice Windows 7 just installed a sizeable update a few days ago. Don't know if that could affect something?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not sure how the problem devices are getting into the state where GAA requires a re-pairing each time (what the trigger is...a new device out of the box, a crash on the device, a firmware update), but it appears that in some situations the device's capabilities file is getting corrupted and GAA cannot determine how to interact properly with that device. I was in contact with one user who experienced this problem and a non-prompted non-vol clear coupled with a re-pair in GAA seems to have resolved the problem for that user.

                  **Non-prompted non-vol clear:**
                  The unit must be turned off. Press and hold the LAP/RESET button then press and release the POWER button to turn the unit on. Now press and hold the ENTER and MODE buttons while continuing to hold the LAP/RESET button. Release the LAP/RESET button and the unit will reboot (it will look like it turns off). Wait a couple of seconds and then release the ENTER and MODE buttons. The unit will boot up again with a clear non-vol.

                  I would be curious if anyone can describe what happened immediately to them prior to getting into this problem state?? What firmware version were you running at the time? Does my work around with the non-vol clear resolve the issue?

                  Bryan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AZBWILCOX View Post

                    **Non-prompted non-vol clear:**
                    The unit must be turned off. Press and hold the LAP/RESET button then press and release the POWER button to turn the unit on. Now press and hold the ENTER and MODE buttons while continuing to hold the LAP/RESET button. Release the LAP/RESET button and the unit will reboot (it will look like it turns off). Wait a couple of seconds and then release the ENTER and MODE buttons. The unit will boot up again with a clear non-vol.

                    I would be curious if anyone can describe what happened immediately to them prior to getting into this problem state?? What firmware version were you running at the time? Does my work around with the non-vol clear resolve the issue?

                    Bryan
                    I had the described problem. FR310XT FW 4.20 / GAA 2.3.2
                    In addition to that the ANT agent did not delete all activities after transfer. Normally it left one activity pr. day, but that was not consistent either.
                    The problem with having to re-pair each time, occured first time after a Windows update, but I'm not sure that the update was the cause. (I'm running Win7).
                    I tried installing the GAA on another PC (also running WIn 7) and the behaviour was identical.
                    I also tried installing an older GAA with the same result.
                    Also I noticed that there were only three folders in the Devices\<deviceno>\ folder, namely FIT, Garmin Connet and History.
                    I then did the following:
                    • Non-prompted non-vol clear as described, and full startup procedure on the 310.
                    • Uninstalled GAA on the PC
                    • Deleted the device folder with all subfolders (I have a copy of both .fit and . tcx files on a separate drive)
                    • Removed all traces of GAA from the registry.
                    • Reinstalled GAA (latest version)
                    • Re-paired the 310


                    It now works like a charm.
                    Even the delete activities after transfer.
                    And, all relevant folders are present in the Devices\<deviceno>\ folder.

                    Stig

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am also having this problem; need to re-pair each time. Maybe its time Garmin did some repairing and released a new FW.... Getting quite fed-up with all the work-arounds and (hard) resets I have to perform to get this thing working as it should. Does the proposed reset clear all user settings? BTW, I am running FW 4.20 and ANT agent 2.3.2.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have the same problem too. Can't Garmin do something about this???
                        How do I check my reg. to make sure that everything is deleated?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by STIIVERS View Post
                          I had the described problem. FR310XT FW 4.20 / GAA 2.3.2
                          In addition to that the ANT agent did not delete all activities after transfer. Normally it left one activity pr. day, but that was not consistent either.
                          The problem with having to re-pair each time, occured first time after a Windows update, but I'm not sure that the update was the cause. (I'm running Win7).
                          I tried installing the GAA on another PC (also running WIn 7) and the behaviour was identical.
                          I also tried installing an older GAA with the same result.
                          Also I noticed that there were only three folders in the Devices\<deviceno>\ folder, namely FIT, Garmin Connet and History.
                          I then did the following:
                          • Non-prompted non-vol clear as described, and full startup procedure on the 310.
                          • Uninstalled GAA on the PC
                          • Deleted the device folder with all subfolders (I have a copy of both .fit and . tcx files on a separate drive)
                          • Removed all traces of GAA from the registry.
                          • Reinstalled GAA (latest version)
                          • Re-paired the 310


                          It now works like a charm.
                          Even the delete activities after transfer.
                          And, all relevant folders are present in the Devices\<deviceno>\ folder.

                          Stig


                          I had the same issue too, then did above and it seems to have fixed it. Thanks very much!

                          As far as pinning it down to when it started, not sure. I've had it for about 2 months now, no updates to fw, just started behaving that way. I'm running Win7, but when it started playing up, I tried on my work laptop, which runs XP and had the same result, so not sure if it's Windows update related unless XP and Win7 had the same dodgy update around the same time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FREDTEGU View Post
                            I have the same problem too. Can't Garmin do something about this???
                            How do I check my reg. to make sure that everything is deleated?
                            If you have to ask, it may be something you shouldn't do without some experienced help as you can really screw things up, not just with Garmin, but your whole system. Tread carefully.

                            Here's how:

                            Start / run / regedit will get you into the registry.
                            <CTRL-F> and search for "ant agent"
                            Every one of those you find, right click and delete.

                            It's simple enough, but be careful not to delete the wrong keys / values /data.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks!

                              I had the same problem and this solved it. Thanks for posting!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X