No announcement yet.

Why not?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not?

Why not have the option to create a custom dashboard display right there INSIDE the camera, using your computer or cellphone to add the gauges or graphs you like, then have them overlaid as you film? You could customize several of them, then simply choose the one you want before you start filming? Seems easy enough...

What would be easy enough?
    The camera does not have enough power to render the guages into the video. And you´d loos the possibility to change a gauge or something afterwards.
    Now. you can hide some data for specific scenes. A gauge which overlays on a nice view or something. You´d loose all this.
    Beside of that: Think about lap counting. How should you know about that, just on the camera? And what happens if you´d like to change the startingpoint. Or cut out some minutes?

That´s why
    Devices: Forerunner 405, Vivoactive & Virb X & XE
    GitHub: Read diagnostic system via Bluetooth
    YouTube: My channel
    App: Stretch

Comment

Fair enough, although I don't agree with some of your points. The camera has more than enough power to do the job, well, the original Virb and Elite, anyhow. Don't know about these newer models with the ridiculously short battery life.

Garmin really ought to come out with a faster Edit program, then...

Comment

Does it? Even the X or XE models are on the edge of the data transferring bandwith. That´s why the bitrate is twice as high, if you change from 60 to 30 FPS (FullHd). Because the amount of data, which will be stored from the image sensor to the SD card, remains the same.
        Have you ever used the Virb Mobile App? Then you will see how performant the Virb creates thumbnail or shows a preview
        Adding gauges via mobile App happens on the phone, not on the camera itself.

Virb Edit is so slow, because it takes a lot of power to render videos. Like all video rendering software´s. But other contributors, which are specialized on video editing, are way ahead of using graphic card power. Garmin just started with that and is still a fittnessdevice-manufacturer, which cannot be competitive to Adobe Premiere with decades of knowledge and indefinable many more developers. I also wish to see more features and have a more reliable software, but that´s what we got :-/
        Devices: Forerunner 405, Vivoactive & Virb X & XE
        GitHub: Read diagnostic system via Bluetooth
        YouTube: My channel
        App: Stretch

Comment

It's 2018.

It can be done, if they wanted to do it.

Comment

Working...
          X