Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing X axis from time to distance?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing X axis from time to distance?

Hi, I've been looking through all the options and text files but can't see how to select/code a different x value.

All of the current gauges and graphs display X as time - this has the effect of making up slopes longer and shallower while slopes descended appear shorter and steeper. This is big problem on cycling videos.

Can anyone advise how to edit/create a gauge that shows elevation against distance?

Cheers,

Anth

Graphs over distance are unfortunately not yet supported.

We know this is something important especially for cycling, but haven't gotten around to putting it in yet.
    Garmin Product Support (for questions regarding device issues, and map update questions)

Comment

Changing X axis from time to distance

So more than 12 months on from the last comment I can only assume that this is not actually considered to be that important after all.
      I only use the app for cycling, this frustrates me every time I look at the reports of my activities. It really shouldn't be that difficult to give this option.

Comment

Originally posted by FALAGAR View Post
        Graphs over distance are unfortunately not yet supported.

We know this is something important especially for cycling, but haven't gotten around to putting it in yet.
        It's pretty silly not to have distance on the x-axis at least as an option. As a hiker and cyclist, plotting elevation and speed as a function of time (instead of distance) is utterly worthless. Fortunately (although somewhat inconvenient) Strava does this as a default and I have Garmin Connect automatically upload my data to Strava. So... for Garmin, you're losing the focus of your users to Strava.

Comment

Working...
        X