Virb Edit 5.1.0 not showing/refreshing overlay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virb Edit 5.1.0 not showing/refreshing overlay

I never had issues with Virb Edit previously until I updated it to 5.1.0. I use it for my runs and bike rides.

Problem - When I try to add an overlay to the video, it either

a) does not appear at all, or any overlay, OR
    b) the overlay show a static value, does not refresh

I feel it has something to with how I import my videos from my Virb X.

After my run and rides, I manually copy my video and FIT files from the Virb X to my NAS. Then I open Virb Edit to import the videos from that location. When creating the video, I manually select the related FIT file. I even copy in FIT files from the same activity from my Fenix or Edge as some of its data (especially elevation) seem better in those data streams.

I do not use the Virb Edit import video function to extract the files directly from the Virb.

This has been okay for a long time until 5.1.0.

So I tried again the direct import method in this latest version. And the overlay works.

Is this a bug? Or a unannounced "feature"? As in to make sure only videos taken with a Garmin Virb can use overlays?

Same issue!

After I upgraded to 5.1.0 (2017-06-01) on my Windows 10, my overlays no longer work. Basically they are not changing values.
    I just imported a clip from my VIRB Elite, which includes data from my powermeter (it is paired to a powertap/HRM) and nothing changes... I tried using the data from my 510, same result. It was working fine before... When I open the map, I can see the dot moving...
    If I play the old clips I can see the overlay, but not when I'm creating anything new.

I guess I'm not alone. How can we roll back to the previous version?

PS: I import with VIRB Edit and it does not work for me anymore (since 5.1.0).
    Last edited by hwinter; 06-13-2017, 01:20 PM. Reason: Added more info

Comment

Originally posted by hwinter View Post
      After I upgraded to 5.1.0 (2017-06-01) on my Windows 10, my overlays no longer work. Basically they are not changing values.
      I just imported a clip from my VIRB Elite, which includes data from my powermeter (it is paired to a powertap/HRM) and nothing changes... I tried using the data from my 510, same result. It was working fine before... When I open the map, I can see the dot moving...
      If I play the old clips I can see the overlay, but not when I'm creating anything new.

I guess I'm not alone. How can we roll back to the previous version?

PS: I import with VIRB Edit and it does not work for me anymore (since 5.1.0).
      Yup, seeing alot of messages in the forum on this.

There's a link somewhere where you can download the prior 4.2.3 version. I uninstalled my current, installed the 4.2.3. It managed to retain my video projects + video imports w/ gmetrix up to the last one I did in 4.2.3. Any imports/projects you do in 5.1.0 will be gone (you wouldn't have done much anyway).

I believe Garmin support is already aware. Lets just wait out the delivery of the fixed upgrade.

Comment

Lost videos after downgrading.

Damn, as mentioned before by @Captain_Debugger, you will lose any import/movies done on 5.1.0 when installing 4.2.3... which kind of sucks in my case, as I had finally finished a climb ahead of one of my cycling buddies and had it on camera!! Oh well, I'm going to have to do it again one of these days. At least confirmed that overlays are working once again.

WARNING: when you finally move to 5.1.x make sure you don't delete the imported files from the camera before you make sure the version is stable.

PS: I didn't find a download for 4.2.3, but fortunately I had it on my Download folder of my PC as I had just replaced my PC not too long ago.

Comment

Same problem here. Rolled back to the previous version to get overlays to work again. You get all previous versions here.

http://gawisp.com/perry/virb/

Comment

I installed the previous version, but the system keeps blinking and does not open.
            Were they able to use any version successfully?

Comment

solved problem.
              Install version 3.6 that overlays are working.

Comment

Working...
              X