Cannot update map using Garmin Express

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot update map using Garmin Express

Hello,
    I have a Nuvi 3490 with internal Europe and Middle East/Northern Africa maps. Garmin Express (iMac) is saying there is an update for my Middle East map, but the downloading process stops at file 10 (out of 40), with an error message: "An unknown error occurred. Please try again".
    Any idea?
    Thanks,
    Sebastien

You'll see if you read some of the other threads that instead of Express you may have more success with GarminMapUpdater
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I'm not clear why these messages are coming up on MapUpdater, I've never seen them. You say you paid for lifetime updates in the middle of March. I assume you bought this from Garmin and the fact you have Lifetime Updates shows up when you log in to myGarmin?
      Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
      (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Any reason why you went for the NTU version? IIRC there have been a few problems with this map. If your original map was the NT version that may explain why you can't now download a NTU update. You may need to speak to Garmin Customer Support.

Comment

I'm not sure you can say that. It's possible you've simply bought the wrong update. A call to Garmin Customer Support will sort that ... they are generally extremely helpful. Many users report successfully getting replacement units, spare parts without any hassle when things go wrong ... I think overall their 'service' is actually very good compared with some companies.

Comment

Interesting discussion, but it seems half of it is missing...

Comment

Err yes, it is, not sure why but the other posts have disappeared!

Comment

My guess is that the large number of spam posts recently we're deleted by keyword(s). Perhaps posts in this thread contained one or more of those keywords.
                nuvi 1490T (6.30) + 32GB microSDHC card & ecoRoute HD, Oregon 600 (5.00) + 32GB microSDHC card & tempe, GPSmap 76CSx (4.00) + 32GB microSDHC card, GPS V (2.60), GPS 12XL (2.02)

This is a user-to-user forum. I am not, and never have been, a Garmin employee. My opinions are my own.

Comment

Working...
                X