Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Communicator v4.0.1.0 released

Available from here:

http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/

I've just downloaded and installed this, and it has solved all of my connection problems caused by 3.0.1.0 - which effectively stopped me from downloading maps, traffic camera sub updates - the lot. Seems a bit quicker too.

Comment

Garmin communicator v4.0.1.0 isn't working.

Hello,

several users are reporting problems with the new communicator plugin and it seems I have the same problems.

Versions:
      Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion
      Safari 5.1.3
      Garmin Communicator Plug-in v4.0.1.0
      Garmin Oregon 550t, Firmware v5.30

The Communicator plug-in seems to work correctly, the test site is showing no problems. When I try to save a cache on my Oregon (geocaching.com->Send to My GPS) the communicator is starting, finds my device and shows a success message, but unfortunately the gpx file isn't on my Garmin :-/
      Same with OpenCaching.com...

Any ideas what's going wrong here?

Thanks,

Oliver
      Attached Files

Comment

The 4.0.1.0 version of Communicator Plugin for Mac has an issue that causes some of the transfers from geocaching.com and opencaching.com to fail. This issue will be fixed in a future release of the Communicator Plugin. In the mean time, please follow the instructions below to resolve this issue:
        • If you are using Firefox, make sure to remove any extension or add-on version of the Communicator Plugin.
        • Download and run this beta that fixes the geocache transfer issue. This test page should indicate that the plugin version is 4.0.1.1.

Comment

Version 4.0.1.1 is working now!

Thanks, Oliver

Comment

I had the same problem described above, so I downloaded the beta...

Now the files are at least being transferred to my GPSmap 62s, but they aren't appearing in base camp (3.3.1). I can see the .gpx file(s) in the finder, but for some reason they're not being uploaded to basecamp.

Any suggestions out there? Thanks!

Comment

I'm having problems with both v 4.0.3.0 and the beta v 4.0.1.1. Same problems with both.

I'm running OS 10.6.8.

Latest Firefox hangs if I send it to your test pages. I get "slow script" warning.

Using the latest Safari, both your test pages (the normal one and the simple one) reports no plugin detected. However, Safari shows the plug-in installed (in the list of plug-ins accessible from "Help" menu).

I have removed all third party Internet Plugins, and repaired permissions. I've rebooted. Still nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by JIMMMBO View Post
                I'm having problems with both v 4.0.3.0 and the beta v 4.0.1.1. Same problems with both.
                Please try the following:
                Download latest version of Safari (software update from the apple menu). Install 4.0.3. Make sure you have no devices connected.

Let me know if you are still having issues.

Comment

1. I AM using the latest version of Safari

2. I DID try 4.0.3, as I stated in my posting.

Comment

Originally posted by JIMMMBO View Post
                    1. I AM using the latest version of Safari

2. I DID try 4.0.3, as I stated in my posting.
                    Try hitting this page: plugin detection test page. What is the message that you see?

Also open DiskUtility, select your OS partition and let me know what you see as the format type. Is it Mac OS Extended (Journaled)?

Comment

Originally posted by REMAGI View Post
                      Try hitting this page: plugin detection test page. What is the message that you see?
                      As I said above:
                      Using the latest Safari, both your test pages (the normal one and the simple one) reports no plugin detected. However, Safari shows the plug-in installed (in the list of plug-ins accessible from "Help" menu)
                      As for this:
                      Also open DiskUtility, select your OS partition and let me know what you see as the format type. Is it Mac OS Extended (Journaled)?

Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I just tried disabling journaling, but plug-in was still not detected.

Comment

@JIMMMBO, I had PMed you with some more questions. Those private messages are easy to go unnoticed.

At this point, I think we have tried everything that we could over the forums. I would request that you contact Garmin customer support. They are better equipped to solve this issue. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

@JIMMMBO, I had PMed you with some more questions. Those private messages are easy to go unnoticed.
                          I'll reply now.

At this point, I think we have tried everything that we could over the forums. I would request that you contact Garmin customer support. They are better equipped to solve this issue. Thank you for your patience.
                          Garmin's front line customer support is better qualified to address a problem with this plug-in than the developer of the plug-in? Are you serious?

It looks like I'll need quite a bit more patience....

Comment

Well, I just tried sending a Google Maps location to my Nuvi. Everything got updated and this is what was posted on the bounced web page:

===================
                            An invalid request was submitted.The request is invalid due to one or more of the following reasons:Missing required parameters.Contains invalid parameter values.Contains invalid values which do not follow Garmin GPX extensions (GPXX) schema version 3.0.Contains invalid values which do not follow Google KML (KML) schema version 2.2.

===================

I don't see how, considering it came from Google Maps.

Any ideas how I fix this?

Cheers
                            BeeRich on bike
                            GPSmap 62stc
                            MacBook Air 11"

Comment

Working...
                            X