Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter favourites and load into GPS

Hi,
    This may have a simple solution but so far I haven't been able to find a good explanation. I use Basecamp with my 1450LMT. How can I enter a series of street addresses into basecamp and transfer them to the gps as 'favourites'. I don't want to set up a trip or route, just transfer favourites.

The next question probably is not possible. When following the GPS to a specific address it displays the name of the next street I will be turning onto. Is there a way to have it display the name of the street I'm on then a gap (or slash - / ) and then the name of the next street to turn onto?

Thanks,
    Jim

Originally posted by DATATEK7 View Post
    I use Basecamp with my 1450LMT. How can I enter a series of street addresses into basecamp and transfer them to the gps as 'favourites'.
    I use MapSource not BaseCamp to do this so I'll let a BC user answer that.

Also this might help.

http://www8.garmin.com/learningcenter/training/basecamp

Is there a way to have it display the name of the street I'm on then a gap (or slash - / ) and then the name of the next street to turn onto?
    Not that I know of.

As I recall when you're not navigating (i.e. following a route) the unit shows the road you're on but when navigating it shows the next turn.
    Last edited by STUARTMW; 05-07-2013, 09:36 AM.
    nuvi 1490T (6.30) + 32GB microSDHC card & ecoRoute HD, Oregon 600 (5.00) + 32GB microSDHC card & tempe, GPSmap 76CSx (4.00) + 32GB microSDHC card, GPS V (2.60), GPS 12XL (2.02)

This is a user-to-user forum. I am not, and never have been, a Garmin employee. My opinions are my own.

Comment

Just create the waypoints you want in Basecamp, then right click them, select Send to and choose your nuvi as the destination. Note you need to select them and send them in one go, as BC sends them as waypoints.gpx so if you send them in 2 or more lots the first will be overwrite by the second etc.

When you then boot your nuvi they will be merged with your current favourites. Once that has happened ensure you delete the gpx file sent by BC or it will cause you problems later.

Note that if a waypoint is in a list in BC it will be sent to your nuvi with the list name converted to a favourite category.
      Last edited by SUSSAMB; 05-07-2013, 10:05 AM.
      Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
      Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
      (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Yeah well the OP has to use the BC Find feature to create the waypoints/favorites from addresses in the first place. I know the Find feature is still a work-in-progress. Just not sure how well it's working in the latest release.
        nuvi 1490T (6.30) + 32GB microSDHC card & ecoRoute HD, Oregon 600 (5.00) + 32GB microSDHC card & tempe, GPSmap 76CSx (4.00) + 32GB microSDHC card, GPS V (2.60), GPS 12XL (2.02)

This is a user-to-user forum. I am not, and never have been, a Garmin employee. My opinions are my own.

Comment

Well I assumed he knew how to do that bit, maybe if that's also an issue he'll ask . Given he posted in the mac section I may let a mac user explain that!

But you're correct ... the Find feature is best described as 'work in progress', although easy now in the UK as postcode search works
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
            ...although easy now in the UK as postcode search works
            How's that MapSource uninstall going?

Comment

Well it's not unistalled yet ... figure you might occasionally need some help ... but I haven't used it for over a month

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                ... figure you might occasionally need some help
                LOL. There's definitely people that think I need "help"

Comment

Last edited by SUSSAMB; 05-07-2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks folks. I'll give it a try and reply here as to success or not.

Jim

Comment

Hey Sussamb,

It worked as you said. Thanks. This will be an enormous help.

Jim

Comment

Great. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                        X