Collapse
No announcement yet.

BaseCamp 4.7.0

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed that the "View in Google Earth" option is missing from the right-click menu in 4.7.0. Very disappointing. Is this a requirement for GDPR?

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
      For those following this thread just note that many devices cannot read tracks, so for those tracks are not an option, you must use routes.
      Good point SUSSAMB. I use BaseCamp with my Zumo 595 and e-trex models, but share the routes with a riding club. Some riders do own models that don't support tracks, so I do make use of routes to share with the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen16w View Post
        I just noticed that the "View in Google Earth" option is missing from the right-click menu in 4.7.0. Very disappointing. Is this a requirement for GDPR?
        Is it not under View in the toolbar? I'm on 4.6.2 and there is no right click in that either, you need to use View, Google Earth

Oops, apologies, just noticed this is the Mac forum.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Darn the view in google earth is missing in 4.7. That was a great feature. I did not see a mention of this in the 4.7 notes. Anybody got a workaround

Comment

I have a 3597 and a 1490 and both will upload the route with making any changes with one exception. You can tell Basecamp to avoid interstate Highways but neither of my road GPSs have this option and if you use this option and upload, the route will not be the same route you uploaded. I am thinking all GPSs recalculate when uploaded now but BaseCamp sends the GPS the route preferences which we used to have to manually set before uploading on the older GPS.

Comment

The missing view in google earth/maps is not the problem I feared. Double click you waypoint, goto the advanced tab and copy the coordinates. Paste the coordinates in google earth search field. This is very useful for verifying you have the correct POI. It appears Google is winding down Google earth and moving to Google maps. It works just as well with Google Maps which not has street view and satellite view.

Comment

It works but is not as quick as a single right-click and it works only for waypoints, not routes or tracks. The option was also removed from the pull-down View menu. Why?
                Last edited by SUSSAMB; 05-24-2018, 11:46 PM. Reason: Please don’t quote the post directly above yours, it's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread, thanks.

Comment

No idea, you'll need to ask Garmin. I'm passing on 4.7
                  Last edited by SUSSAMB; 05-24-2018, 11:54 PM.
                  Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                  (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I used to love the Cloud service!! I hate that now it's gone... I used to work some routes in my laptop, then finish working on them at home (bigger screen, easier to work)... Now I can't do that!! Shame on you Garmin!

Comment

No more View in Google Earth...Now that's a REAL biggie for me. Planning off road tips, I relied HEAVILY upon that feature. What a shame...
                      I've used Garmin since having a GPS 12, and Mapsource and always swore allegiance to what a great product they had...not so much anymore. Pretty disappointed...

EDIT!! Guess what??!!
                      If you still have MapSource and copy/paste a track from BC, it has VIEW IN GOOGLE EARTH available and it works!! Fine example of "older is better..."
                      Last edited by plongson1954; 05-25-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Older is certainly better with Basecamp. I have upgraded back to 4.6.3 and will use it until it no longer works under future versions of MacOS. I just hope that Garmin decides to bring back Google Earth view.

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco View Post
                          I used to love the Cloud service!! I hate that now it's gone... I used to work some routes in my laptop, then finish working on them at home (bigger screen, easier to work)... Now I can't do that!! Shame on you Garmin!
                          You still can. See the sticky that was posted https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-...-may-20th-2018

Comment

Please someone...how do I backout the latest update 4.70. I NEED the View option of using Google Earth. Any chance?
                            Marc
                            Prescott, AZ
                            Plan the Ride. Ride the Plan.

Comment

Just installed BC 4.7.0 a few days ago. Now when I print a route the labels are not printed anymore. Labels are still visible when sizing the print area, as soon as I start preview the labels don't show anymore and don't get printed. Searching around like mad to find the option to turn labels on for printing. Anybody an idea what I am missing?

Comment

Since the update I cannot install any maps on my 64s - the maps (open street maps and friends) are just about 50MB on the device after installing and the are empty on the device.

Unfortunately there is no download link for the old version on the web page - so I have pretty expensive brick at home by now...

Comment

Working...
                                X