Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Will BaseCamp Be Upgraded To 64-bit?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basecamp still works fine on my MacBook Pro with Mojave 10.14.3. It's the next version of MacOS that will not run 32-bit apps.

Comment

I am on 14.4.4 in order to try to resolve another issue. Might be something in that version? I guess I will have to wait and see if it gets "fixed." The problem may lay with Appe/Mojave 14.4.4
      Last edited by SUSSAMB; 02-09-2019, 01:43 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours as it's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread

Comment

Mojave is currently 10.14.3.
        Last edited by SUSSAMB; 02-09-2019, 01:44 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours as it's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread

Comment

I put the question of the 64-bit upgrade of Basecamp and the other 32-bit apps to Garmin Australia. The reply says in part ...

"Garmin is currently working to update these applications to use 64-bit software to avoid any possible future compatibility issues. We are continuing to work on getting an update to resolve this issue released."

So there is hope.

Comment

With nothing much to go on short of reading about this in the forums and Garmin staying mostly silent, I think hope is fleeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Victory View Post
              With nothing much to go on short of reading about this in the forums and Garmin staying mostly silent, I think hope is fleeting.
              Having just purchased a brand new Garmin 770, this is most disappointing. I'm trying to use Base Camp on my Mojave-based MacBook and finding the experience disappointing.

I had originally come to the forums to search for how to enter lat/lng into Base Camp, but that doesn't seem to work either. I wonder if this is related to the software being woefully out of date.

I'm also a bit shocked that it appears Garmin expects me to pay for satellite imagery (Birds eye view?) that is free on Google and a few other mapping tools.

Are others using different planning tools and sending GPX files to the Garmin?

Comment

Basecamp 4.6.3 works fine on my Mojave MacBook. Garmin removed some useful functions in 4.7.0 such as "View in Google Earth" so I am continuing to use 4.6.3 to see data in Google Earth satellite imagery. I use Basecamp almost daily as a trip planner so I am hoping that if and when Garmin releases a 64-bit version it is not as crippled as version 4.7.0.

Comment

See https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-...basecamp-4-8-2
                  Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                  Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                  (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

BaseCamp for Mac was updated to 4.8.2, to allow the BaseCamp to work as a 64-bit app. It also fixed an issue we saw that caused map installations to fail too.

Please update and let us know via support or a new thread if anyone has any issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X