Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will BaseCamp Be Upgraded To 64-bit?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what happens when it stops running on future Mac OS? This is BS. Currently, the Garmin Alpha is the top of the line and only touchscreen GPS option for dog tracking and training. I understand it doesn't have bluetooth so won't work with Explorer. BaseCamp is not a great app in the first place. It barely klutzes along to accomplish its purpose. I was counting on an updated version addressing UX issues and supporting 64 bit. What a let down. I feel like Garmin makes awesome hardware and employs clowns to write the software.

Comment

You clearly missed this https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...064&tab=topics
      Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
      Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
      (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

What part did I miss? That article has been there since at least May of 2018, so they clearly didn't hit that target. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Comment

Ah sorry, didn't think you'd seen that from your comments. Yes, missed the target of end of year but hopefully in the near future.
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I think BaseCamp community users deserve an updated ETA, now that they missed year's end.

Comment

I would suspect that all of this will move to their explore.garmin.com web platform. They just released apps for the Fenix 5 series, pulling it from beta to production. It's much easier for them to develop a web app, and not worry about desktop apps. JMO... While I do enjoy my local application, it just seems to be the model with the new hardware.

Comment

Working...
              X