Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ieronimox,

I would recommend contacting support for assistance troubleshooting the map reading issue. BaseCamp and HomePort should store a cached version of the mapping specifically so that it doesn't take so long to read from an sd card or device.

In regards to 64bit support, some additional information has been posted in the Garmin Support Center at https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...Query=mac%2064

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
      I doubt if there will be a 64 bit version.
      Good to know I was wrong so you Mac owners should be ok
      Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
      Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
      (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

4.7.0 didn't go 64 bit and didn't fix the perpetual pop-up asking to scan my Time Machine shares.

Comment

No, Garmin say they'll convert to 64 bit 'later this year'. See the link posted above.
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

The current version of MacOS is the last that fully supports 32-bit apps. If Garmin doesn’t upgrade BaseCamp to 64-bit it will not work with future versions of MacOS.
            Last edited by SUSSAMB; 05-21-2018, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Again see above.

Comment

HamR; same for me, BaseCamp keeps me in the Garmin family. Please Garmin, make BaseCamp 64 bits in 2018. Great application! Using it for years now. Would also be very dissapointed to look for something else which has the same features! Keep on the good work Garmin.

Comment

Re dreamhx's post - Basecamp (and any other suporting software) running on the current Mac and operating system is a key prereq for my choice of of a SatNav device. The computers software is more important than the limitations of the SatNav supporting software, so please Mr Garmin give us a firm committment with dates as to when the 64bit version of Basecamp will be available.

Comment

on Mojave menu started already to be light grey. i think soon it will definitely stop to work

Comment

Well, what is going on with this? Mohave is around the corner and not a peep out of Garmin.

Comment

After "upgrading" to Mac 10.13 High Sierra, maps printed through the Basecamp print dialog no longer have labels on them. No names of lakes, rivers, land use designation - na da. Tracks and waypoints show OK. I assume this is a 32bit/64bit issue. Has anyone else noticed this problem and has anyone else used a method to run Basecamp as a 32bit app on High Sierra?
                        Any suggestions would be appreciated - I would hate to lose Basecamp.
                        Are there alternatives to Basecamp?
                        Last edited by daveRen; 08-08-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

From posts in the BaseCamp PC forum this is more likely due to the BaseCamp update.

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                            No, Garmin say they'll convert to 64 bit 'later this year'. See the link posted above.
                            Hm, it seems like Garmin does not support Basecamp anymore. I think there will never be a 64-bits version for Mac as promised by Garmin earlier. Does anyone know more about Basecamp?? Please Garmin the software is great so keep on supporting it.

Comment

Being discussed here. Applies to the Mac version as well
                              myConnect | StravaHeatmap
                              F201 | F205 | F305 | 310XT | 920XT | HRM4-Run
                              nüvi 1300 | nüvi 52 | nüvi 67 | Drive 61 | Dash Cam 45

Comment

Originally posted by seilogramp View Post
                                Being discussed here. Applies to the Mac version as well
                                Thanks seilogramp for the link. So Basecamp is end of life.....

Comment

Working...
                                X