Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Adventures and Garmin Cloud services will be discontinued after May 20th, 2018

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures and Garmin Cloud services will be discontinued after May 20th, 2018

This is to inform you that Adventures and Garmin Cloud services will be discontinued after May 20th, 2018. Users can access these applications through the published date to retrieve their data. The Adventures on your computer will be left in place but find and publishing will be discontinued. Users who wish to sync their data to a third party Cloud storage service may do so by modifying the Database Options in BaseCamp to point it to a folder under the Cloud storage service root.
    Last edited by equinox1234; 04-02-2018, 10:47 AM.

It's 4/04/18 as I post this. For the last couple of days I've been able to upload my Adventures to the Garmin server but I can't view them using the link from within Basecamp. Plus, the links I've stored in my browser from older hikes also won't load the Adventures. Has Garmin shut things down early?

And just to be clear after reading this post is it the case that as of 5/20/18 I won't be able to upload Adventures to the Garmin server anymore nor will I be able to view Adventures already there?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S. View Post
      And just to be clear after reading this post is it the case that as of 5/20/18 I won't be able to upload Adventures to the Garmin server anymore nor will I be able to view Adventures already there?
      You won't be able to upload or download any data from these after that date. The services will no longer exist.

Comment

That's a shame. It was a great service that I used extensively. Now I'll have to figure out some other way of sharing my routes and elevation charts online.

Oh, and thank you for the quick response.

Comment

Will there be a mechanism where will be able to host our own adventures for sharing with the community? An editable location to share the adventures to or something?

Comment

See first post
            Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
            Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
            (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Sounds like very good news, esp related to the new Zumo 396. More specific: you then can send a route from basecamp wireless to your Zumo; using smartphone link.

Will the Basecamp update include other changes, e.g. the currently troublesome connection with Google Earth?

Comment

The issue with Google Earth is more of a Google issue than BaseCamp. There are work arounds posted on this forum. I doubt if this update is anything more than removing access to cloud storage and adventures.
                Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I bought my Monterra especially for the adventures and the possibility of sharing them.
                  Has Garmin than the legal right just to stop this service ?

Comment

Is there any reason why you think they can't?

Comment

The first post says, "Users who wish to sync their data to a third party Cloud storage service may do so by modifying the Database Options in BaseCamp to point it to a folder under the Cloud storage service root."

How do I, "modifying the Database Options in BaseCamp to point it to a folder under the Cloud storage service root?" I can't find how to do that anywhere. I found instructions on how to do that in the Windows version on the Internet but that method doesn't appear to be available in the Mac version.

On Windows you go to Edit > Options > General > Database Options. That does not appear in the Mac version.

Comment

I have the latest BaseCamp for both Windows and Mac. The equivalent Mac option is BaseCamp - Preferences - Advanced - New Library. Point to ANY cloud drive you have such as Google Drive, OneDrive......

Comment

I have data previously sync'ed to Garmin's cloud. BaseCamp will not let me delete. How can I clean this mess up?

Comment

Working...
                          X