No announcement yet.

UTM displayed

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTM displayed

I like using UTM's I find them way easier. How can I get UTM displayed on the base camp map that I create around the borders of the map? I enjoy printing the map taking a hard copy with me when I hunt

I don't believe that's possible.
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Yes it is possible but the grid lines themselves are very faint. You will have to darken them yourself after printing.
      These are steps using Windows so Mac will be somewhat different.
      Start here : Edit > Options > Measurements > Position > Grid > UTM > Okay.
      Then : File > Print > Page Setup > Map Details > Check ON Grid > Okay > Print Preview should have UTM labeled around the edges with very faint dotted grid lines.
      Last edited by datezz; 03-16-2018, 01:10 AM.
      Don Huston
      San Diego, CA.
      United States

Comment

Nice. Thanks
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

"Perfectly" possible, with clear instructions. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks but you cant get past Measurements,,, I was all worked up thinking that would work

Comment

Sorry I did get it after all. Too bad there wasn't a place you could go learn base camp. OR I could spend hours on it

Comment

Try here http://www.newenglandriders.org/GPS/Learn_BaseCamp.htm

It's aimed at Zumo owners but much of it is applicable to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X