Firmware Update Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware Update Problem

Just like the 3.4 firmware, i was not able to update the latest version 3.6 to my garmin swim.

I followed all the instruction and came to the level that says

"Software update successfully sent to Garmin ANT Agent for transfer to your device."

but i wait for hours, no indication on the watch about any change (it should say updating as far as I know)..

What can be the problem? There is no problem to transfer the data from the watch to the pc via ANT but the opposite direction seems not to work..

Can someone help?

Thanks in Advance

When ANT Agent is waiting to send a software update to your watch, the little ANT icon in your system tray kind of "waves" (like when it is downloading). Or you can right-click on it and select Open ANT Agent and it'll tell you that there is a software update pending. Is that the case for you?

Also, are you sure your watch hasn't gone into LCD sleep mode on your desk? It might be enough to jiggle it to wake it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ag_swims View Post
      When ANT Agent is waiting to send a software update to your watch, the little ANT icon in your system tray kind of "waves" (like when it is downloading). Or you can right-click on it and select Open ANT Agent and it'll tell you that there is a software update pending. Is that the case for you?

Also, are you sure your watch hasn't gone into LCD sleep mode on your desk? It might be enough to jiggle it to wake it up.
      Thank you very much for your reply ag_swims !

No when I open ANT agent, it says that "waiting for new data"...nothing about software update...

Comment

I'm also having problems with this. I got as far as this stage:

"Software update successfully sent to Garmin ANT Agent for transfer to your device."

Apparently, it was not transferred from the ANT Agent to my watch because the version is still 3.4... I've repeated the process several times after rebooting the PC disconnecting the ANT key etc etc.... Any ideas?

PS to SEKUBAT.... though it should appear as an option on your Garmin Connect dashboard, you can also go to this address: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/swimupdate.jsp
        Last edited by Sisyphus06; 06-06-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Dear Flying Tortoise,

I am exactly at the same stage with you...it does not transfer it to the watch...

I have the Garmin Communicator, it can detect my watch, no problem for the transferring of swim data but data flow seems to be one way only..nothing from ANT to the watch..
          Last edited by SEKUBAT; 06-06-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Going to try to help... For both of you, I think the problem may be that the files aren't actually getting downloaded from the website to your computer properly (contrary to what the message is saying). If ANT Agent has an update pending, then the icon has the moving black stripe through it (like when it is downloading swims from your watch to the computer). It would be helpful to know: a) what operating system you are running, b) what version of ANT Agent (right-click on the icon and select About Ant Agent), and c) whether maybe you have a firewall or antivirus program blocking downloading of the files from the website to your computer.

In the meantime, since there are two routes to get the updates files, it would probably be worth trying both. One is through Garmin Connect, likely what you've been trying, and the other is through "my Dashboard". Go to my.garmin.com, click on "myDashboard" at the top, choose your Garmin Swim device from the list in the drop-down box, then click "update".

Comment

Thanks ag_swims. I had been using IE, but moved to Chrome and the transfer worked without a hitch.

Comment

Dear Friends, thanks a lot, my problem is also solved by using chrome ! Now I have version 3.6....

Comment

Has the update process worked for anyone with IE? I am running IE 10 on Windows 7 x64 and have experienced the same symptoms. I tried the dashboard method as well as the link previously posted. I would prefer not having to install another browser just to get this update.
                  Thanks!

Comment

In myDashboard/"Software Updates", I have the option "Learn More", but after "Scanning for devices" nothing happens (however my Swim is correctly found). To update the firmware, I had to go through this address: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/swimupdate.jsp
                    I got the last firmware, but why is this?

Comment

And how can I see my firmware version through myDashboard?

Comment

I can tell you how to see it on your watch... MENU > SYSTEM > ABOUT. The most recent is ARV3.600.

Comment

firmware 3.6 finally updated

Thanks for the useful posts here, they helped me figure out how to get it done!

What I did was to add *.garmin.com to my "safe sites" in IE, after that everything worked fine!

:-)

Comment

Working...
                          X