No announcement yet.

Edit Data in Garmin Connect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for editing swim data. Specifically splitting and merging laps/lengths.

Comment

+1 for editing swim data. Specifically splitting and merging laps/lengths.

Comment

+1 for editing swim data. Specifically splitting and merging laps/lengths. Also editing stroke type. I don't even care about editing the time--just let me merge lengths additively or split them equally.

Comment

I just bought a swim and was surprised when it split my breaststroke length into two lengths and I could not merge the lengths together.

Comment

+1 With the risk of sounding redundant, Please...Garmin Connect team. How many people have to ask?

Comment

If you already own the device I fairly sure they don't care. As someone else suggested Garmin leadership needs to spend some time reading their mission statement. In a previous life I worked for a company that went from being worth 100 billion to having it's assets sold for less than 30 and then having the buyer write down those assets another 50% 5 years later. Garmin seems to have their heads stuck in a similar place. I would bet the board of directors and senior leadership is bleeding the company and getting bonuses for a job well done.

Comment

Yep... as has been requested since the product came out.. this is needed!

Comment

Need the edit feature for cycling also. I constanly for get to turn off the Garmin after a ride so I record these invalid laps driving home. Wish I could ride that fast, but it would be nice to delete them. Not to rub salt in the wounds but Strava can do this with their crop feature. Not perfect but better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by OWNER4638 View Post
                    Need the edit feature for cycling also. I constanly for get to turn off the Garmin after a ride so I record these invalid laps driving home. Wish I could ride that fast, but it would be nice to delete them. Not to rub salt in the wounds but Strava can do this with their crop feature. Not perfect but better than nothing.
                    You can delete segments in Base Camp for the cycling. Sometimes I take my GPS somewhere and then turn it on and it draws a straight line from home and adds it to my bike or run. It's easy enough to delete in Garmin BaseCamp.

While I'm here +1 for the edit feature.

John

Comment

As we all know that the Swim will never work without some errors for most people is essential to be possible to edit...

+1

Comment

+1 for ability to edit.

I'm currently doing the oly tri intermediate training plan DOWNLOADED FROM GARMIN, which downloads to my 310XT beautifully however it does not download the swim workouts to the Garmin Swim.....WHY OH WHY??? Anyway, today I was doing some catch drills which it picked up as breast stroke and also totaled two lengths into one. If i could edit this long length to be two individual lengths (i can split the time equally) it would give me an accurate workout distance rather than being 25m off.

Please Mr Garmin Sir.....please can you speak to your software developers and put this into their programming road map for the next release of Garmin Connect. Having the ability to edit laps or individual lengths of a swim workout would be very helpful. Additionally, being able to do the same on a run or bike workout would be a very helpful system.

Please don't force me to have to hack my workouts native files and upload them to another exercise tracking site, i seriously don't want to be doing that!

Marky

Comment

All I need is an easy "merge laps" and "change stroke type" - that would make the swim perfect. As it is now, I get about 1-2 bad laps per workout, which does not affect averages too much, but of course, "best pace" is worthless if a lap gets double counted.

I would also suggest a sanity check in the watch - If I am swimming 50 laps between 28-33 seconds, I will not suddenly swim two laps at 14-15 seconds each (or even one lap of 5 seconds followed by one of 25). That can't be too difficult to implement in a firmware update, can it? Simply decrease the probability of a turn if the current lap is significantly quicker than the previous one - I think this would eliminate 80% of my "double counts", which would make the majority of my workouts completely correct.

Comment

Originally posted by AIPOTU View Post
                            I would also suggest a sanity check in the watch - If I am swimming 50 laps between 28-33 seconds, I will not suddenly swim two laps at 14-15 seconds each (or even one lap of 5 seconds followed by one of 25). That can't be too difficult to implement in a firmware update, can it? Simply decrease the probability of a turn if the current lap is significantly quicker than the previous one - I think this would eliminate 80% of my "double counts", which would make the majority of my workouts completely correct.
                            I thought I'd give some quick feedback on this suggestion (and on the other thread). The possibility of changing stroke type complicates the matter somewhat. Consider someone doing a set where they sprint a length of free then recover for 3 lengths of breaststroke, then repeat. The free length could easily be done in half the time they did the breaststroke lengths (and we don't call the stroke type until the end of the length so it is difficult to use that in real-time). We can also get ourselves in trouble if the software misses the first turn in an interval (maybe the user did a very weak push-off). Now the expectation for length time is set incorrectly and it's more likely to miss the next turn, because it seems to be only half the time of the previous length. That said, there are some such smarts in the software, though not enough to eliminate the problem for you. .

Comment

Frustrated Too....

All I need is an easy "merge laps" and "change stroke type" - that would make the swim perfect. As it is now, I get about 1-2 bad laps per workout, which does not affect averages too much, but of course, "best pace" is worthless if a lap gets double counted.

I agree 100 percent with this posting.

AGSWIMS...please please please beg the Garmin Connect team to work on this issue. Appreciate your feedback in the forums!

Comment

This is known to be the top priority for swimming on Garmin Connect. Unfortunately it is not trivial to implement. There's been begging...

Comment

Working...
                                X