Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edit Data in Garmin Connect

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I discovered when I have my activity type as "indoor cardio" I can edit all fields.
    After I have my distance edited to the actual information I change my activity type back to Lap Swimming.

Comment

• Originally posted by NicWaf View Post
      I discovered when I have my activity type as "indoor cardio" I can edit all fields.
      After I have my distance edited to the actual information I change my activity type back to Lap Swimming.
      Whenever you change the activity type, the fields become editable. It doesn't seem to matter what activity type you change to.

Unfortunately, this editability only affects summary data. You still can't do things like merge or split lengths when a turn has been missed or added, or make other core changes.

You can make such core changes with Mathias Krallmann's Fit File Repair Tool, which will also find and fix some of the fit file corruptions that Garmin watches sometimes generate. The Fit File Repair tool handles all sorts of changes, and it will run on a Windows PC or an emulated (virtual host) Windows PC on a Linux (or Mac, so I've heard) host system.

You can also make a few simple core changes using the online tool at

http://swimmingwatchtools.com
      Last edited by STPETERS00; 05-06-2016, 11:26 AM. Reason: fix typo

Comment

• Originally posted by NicWaf View Post
        I discovered when I have my activity type as "indoor cardio" I can edit all fields.
        That is an excellent tip! Thanks so much! I've just spent 30 minutes trying to find out why I suddenly can't even change my distance (as I often need to when extra laps are counted) when I could last month. Thank you!

Comment

• Thanks!

Originally posted by NicWaf View Post
          Thank you so much for this tip! So frustrating to find today that I couldn't edit the distance when I could just last month.

Comment

• Thank you...

Originally posted by NicWaf View Post
            You are a star! Thank you. I opted for open water swimming, edited the total distance, then switched back to lap swimming to find empty pool length and lap boxes... tap in pool length and hey presto, I have correct data.

Comment

• Not Editable anymore

Originally posted by AdamF66 View Post
              You are a star! Thank you. I opted for open water swimming, edited the total distance, then switched back to lap swimming to find empty pool length and lap boxes... tap in pool length and hey presto, I have correct data.
              Unfortunatly this does not work anymore.

The exercise has to be entered completely manually. I use my forerunner 230 to count laps would be good to incorporate this data.

Comment

• Swim workout editing still needed, it appears

Just started using the vivoactive hr to track swimming workouts, after using a pebble watch over the past year and a half. Overall, I like the garmin. However, I miss the automatic interval detection of the swim.com app on the pebble and the ability to edit workouts. Between kicking and button errors, the vivoactive shorted me 500 yards out of a 2000 yard swim today.

Please create an editing feature, Garmin support folks. This watch cost much more than the $70 the pebble ran me. Thanks!

Comment

• Still no edit function for swimming?? This was raised in 2012!! I had to change lanes in the middle of a 400m split in the pool today, and my 735xt added a 25m lap of breaststroke to the middle of my freestyle, making it a 425m set - effectively nullifying all of my averages and ruining all of my Pace Distribution data. How hard would it me to allow me to remove this erroneous lap??

Comment

Working...
                  X