No announcement yet.

Personal Records not Updating

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Records not Updating

I have had a Garmin Swim watch for 2 years now, but my personal records are not being updated. The upload works fine and it clearly records that I have completed a set distance in a time which is quicker than what it reports as my personal record. Is there a setting I have switched off to stop the update or is there something I need to do to kick start the update again. Has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution?

You are required to have an activity that is only for that distance. For example, have you created a 100m activity that is exactly 100m and has no other elements to it?

Comment

I don't know that I understand your point. But today a did a single 100m swim, no intervals or pauses etc... At present I don't have a personal record for 100m, so I would have expected it to simply take todays time as the record. The only personal record that is recorded is for 1500m and this has intervals / pauses in the swim although in total it was precisely 1500m, but I have blitzed that time over the pas couple of days and without intervals. I have a customised list of personal records for 100m, 400m, 750m, 1000m and 1500m, but as I say only the 1500m has any time recorded against it and this is not my best time for that distance.

Comment

swimming personal records are a new feature and only supported by latest Garmin devices. You can manually update them though in Garmin Connect. But as stated above, I think you need to do a work out the exactly length of the record and then assign that activity to the correct personal record.

Comment

This is super weird implementation if correct. None of the other records require a specific distance workout be completed to update the record. If I do a 10 mile run and there is a 5k section in there that is faster than my previous 5k record, it will count that new record time. I have also had my swim records not updating, even when I have obviously faster times or no current record for that distance. I am using a Fenix 3HR with the HRM-Swim strap so it is a problem with more than just the "older" watches.

Comment

the Fenix 3 HR doesn't support PR's for swimming. That is the only reason your records are not automatically updated. So you can only update them manually which apparently requires you to swim the exact distace as the record. ....it's really kind of dumb.

the Fenix 5 will support this. I can't think of any reason Swim PR's could not be supported on the Fenix 3 through update except they want people to buy a new watch.???

Comment

well it isn't really surprising I guess. The swim stuff seems to be an afterthought for Garmin Fitness products in general. The training plans for triathlon create workouts for runs and bikes but not swims (you have to manually create each one from the "notes"), you still can't create multi-step repeats in swim workouts, and the top-of-the-line multi-sport watch that Garmin makes doesn't support swimming PR's. wow

Comment

yeah that was my reaction as well.

Comment

After a long time searching why my PRs aren't updating for swims in GC, I have finally found this immensely disappointing thread. I have a F3 sapphire version...not that old. And...I do have a personal record registered from the watch for July 9, 2016. I am not even that bothered about the pool swims not showing up, but the same is true for my open water swims - nothing. 4.6 mi swims not showing up - what the heck?! So why would it show up for one PR, then stop showing PRs after that? Removed from software? I don't plan on buying a F5 for a long time.

Comment

None of my records appear at all. They did at first but it looked like bad data so I removed them and nothing has appeared since. Even "Longest Swim" for pool swimming.

That sucks.

Comment

Well that was quick - just found this:
                      https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch...iB2HpErPIxL4v5

Swimming PRs are automatically detected on certain Garmin devices1. These devices send the PRs information to Garmin Connect for display. Garmin Connect will not automatically detect PRs in swimming activities from other devices, for example the Forerunner 920XT.

That explains it for me but makes me wonder how they were being set in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X