Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a probable swim bug on Vivoactive HR!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a probable swim bug on Vivoactive HR!

I don’t know if this bug is true, but it seems to be because it’s very repetitive (but not every time!). The bug is very complicated, but I will try to explain it as simply as possible. Considering that the Vivoactive HR uses an internal accelerometer, let's pretend that the first tank goes from North to South. As a consequence, the second one will go from South to North. Obviously, if I shake the watch it will count more tanks, but that's not the problem. Now, I found two numbers that seem to be "bugged": the 2 and the 8. This bug is repeated every time it is approached to a dozen (for example 12, 22, 33, 44, or 18, 28, 38 , 48 but NOT 2 and 8). In fact, the first 10 tanks are counted perfectly. Now, let's pretend I'm in the twelfth tank and the previous ones have been counted well, so I'm going from South to North. In this case, the watch will randomly add 3 tanks to the number for no reason. So, when you get to 18, for the clock I should go from South to North but instead I find myself at the tank 15 (in reality) from North to South. So, the clock understands that it is wrong and will NOT count the current tank. Now, it could: 1) count a tank after the current one 2) count 2 tanks after the current one. If one counts, the direction will be right but the number of tanks wrong. If it counts two, it will be the opposite. But it did not end here. In fact, I have only explained the effect of the number 2 from South to North and the number 8 from North to South. When we go from North to South (in reality) and we find ourselves, for example, at tank 22 (according to the clock) the same thing happens when you are at the tank 18. If in the tank 28 you go from South to North the same thing happens in the tank 12. Repeat, the numbers of the dozen are purely indicative, because even with 58, for example, it can happen. This bug is not always repeated but very often. I hope I have been as specific as possible!
Working...
X