Altimeter after swimming - Fenix 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altimeter after swimming - Fenix 5

anyone else having to reset their altimeter after swimming?

Yes. Absolutely. As soon as you swim it jumps off by hundreds of meters and about 100mb. I've been on to Garmin support and they are ENTIRELY useless. I find the altitude / baro change in air pressure equates pretty much to the pressure of water at my stroke depth, so it is pretty obvious this is a software fault triggered by the device still monitoring pressure whilst under water..

I can not begin to say how useless Garmin support has been. I'm actually pretty angry with the response about this obvious bug on a 500GBP watch. I sent them such specific information, screen shots, even the maths which led me to the 100% correlation between stroke depth and the error.

Images attached showing just how awful this is (the drop back down to normal on the graphs is when I manually reset).

Comment

Yes, my 5X does the same thing after every swim. I will begin a swim at roughly 250ft, after the swim the altimeter will read 800ft+ until I re-calibrate using GPS. My graphs look similar to SwimTim's, 250ft before my swim, -250ft during, then 800ft+ after I get out of the pool.

Comment

I never noticed this with my Fenix 3 but i'm sure it also does this. I know it does because I used to have an alarm sent if the barometric pressure changed by a large amount in a short period of time. (thought it would be a good warning of a storm.) But the only time the alarm ever went off was during ocean swims - so I turned it off.

Never noticed if it effected elevation but i'm sure it must have.

Comment

Hello, it should be fixed with last beta firmwares, anyone tryed ?

Comment

Working...
          X