No announcement yet.

Buttons not responding

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttons not responding

My buttons started to be non-responsive a couple of days ago. First went the mode button, but as time went on, all the buttons have gotten to be really hard to respond. Sometimes this would go away, but now it has gotten to the point that none of them work anymore. I tried to do a master reboot, but since the buttons don't work, I can't do it. Does anyone know what is happening?

I am having a similar issue. Turned watch on indoors and it searched for satellite. Once it asks "Are you indoors now?" I cannot use the scroll buttons. The watch is completely unresponsive. When I turn off by holding the turn off button, I then get the words "software loader" on the face of the watch. I have no idea what this is. Overall, very frustrated as this is a brand new watch.

Comment

Bottons are easy part

Originally posted by DSA956 View Post
      First went the mode button
      For Fall 2013, my fitness class at Georgia Perimeter College is using the FR70. Several classmates have complained about the Mode button. Their solution, and it works for me, is to use a fingernail on the Mode button. That is, don't press Mode with the flat part of your thumb, but rather with the narrow edge of your thumb's nail.

My second problem is that the watch does not display my HR. If it doesn't display my HR, it also doesn't calculate my calories. My solution was to buy a new $6 battery for the chest strap, but this had no effect. I still cannot see my HR displayed. The watch is synced and both the tiny heart at the top and the tiny antenna at the bottom both blink on and off to show that they are working.

Comment

FR60 broken band and FR70 bad "Mode" button

Originally posted by DCLAUDEW View Post
        For Fall 2013, my fitness class at Georgia Perimeter College is using the FR70. Several classmates have complained about the Mode button. Their solution, and it works for me, is to use a fingernail on the Mode button. That is, don't press Mode with the flat part of your thumb, but rather with the narrow edge of your thumb's nail.

My second problem is that the watch does not display my HR. If it doesn't display my HR, it also doesn't calculate my calories. My solution was to buy a new $6 battery for the chest strap, but this had no effect. I still cannot see my HR displayed. The watch is synced and both the tiny heart at the top and the tiny antenna at the bottom both blink on and off to show that they are working.
        I originally bought FR60, which was working fine until the wrist band broke a little after one year. Despite many people complaining about the same issue, Garmin responded that they would "fix" my problem for $89.00. I declined.
        I did not want to throw otherwise good watch away, so I called again after a few months and garmin offered to repair this watch for around $44, however they told me the band would be the same design. I declined. The other day after I saw this sorry watch in my drawer, I called Garmin again. This time they offered to take my FR60 watch and replace it with FR70 with improved band for $65.00.
        Today I received the FR70, however the "Mode" button does not work properly. It would respond some time after several pushes with my fingernails. This is clearly not acceptable and I'll be calling Garmin tomorrow with my new problem. How can a company survive with these types of quality issues and this poor customer service? Can't wait for some Korean or Japanese company to get into this business.

Comment

FR60 broken band and FR70 bad "Mode" button

Originally posted by DCLAUDEW View Post

I originally bought FR60, which was working fine until the wrist band broke a little after one year. Despite many people complaining about the same issue, Garmin responded that they would "fix" my problem for $89.00. I declined.
          I did not want to throw otherwise good watch away, so I called again after a few months and garmin offered to repair this watch for around $44, however they told me the band would be the same design. I declined. The other day after I saw this sorry watch in my drawer, I called Garmin again. This time they offered to take my FR60 watch and replace it with FR70 with improved band for $65.00.
          Today I received the FR70, however the "Mode" button does not work properly. It would respond some time after several pushes with my fingernails. This is clearly not acceptable and I'll be calling Garmin tomorrow with my new problem. How can a company survive with these types of quality issues and this poor customer service? Can't wait for some Korean or Japanese company to get into this business.

Comment

Working...
          X