New firmware lap pace bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New firmware lap pace bug

There is a bug with the new firmware. In new activities when watching the laps directly on the device the pace is always the same for all laps 00:15 min/km. Wow! That's fast!

Does Garmin have QA?

Thanks for pointing this out. My is showing 0:24 for all the laps.
    However, the lap pace numbers in Garmin Training Center are all correct, so this seems to be a display issue rather than a database issue.

In any case, this is a bad one because we can no longer review the results on the watch, which is what I typically do after a workout while cooling down.

Hopefully Garmin is listening to us about releasing smaller fixes more frequently rather than waiting another 6 months.

Comment

Similar issue in open water swimming when reviewing intervals (assuming you pressed lap to add intervals).

Apparently my swim pace for each interval was 0:01 / 100yds... crazy fast, I should be going to London 2012!

I already sent a note to Garmin regarding the issue, hoping to get it in their queue to be fixed sometime this year... It doesn't really affect my use much, but it is definitely kind of annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by ARGMAC View Post
        There is a bug with the new firmware. In new activities when watching the laps directly on the device the pace is always the same for all laps 00:15 min/km. Wow! That's fast!

Does Garmin have QA?
        Yes, I can confirm this bug, too. 00:15 for all splits of yesterday's run. I didn't notice it then, because all laps were 1k and I only looked at the split time.
        DISTANCE: 3000M___ - 5000M___ - 10000M__ - 21098M_ - 42195M_ --- Current VDOT: ?
        PB______: 10:50,09 - 18:40,20 - 38:39,00 - 1:25:39 - 3:10:26

Comment

I was using a custom workout yesterday, and in history on the device, all of my lap paces show as 00:24/mi. It seems to be an issue just on the device itself. The paces show correctly in RunningAhead, GarminConnect, and in the Android Fit app.

Comment

I tried it and my device works correctly (firmware 2.50) no issue...

Instant pace: continue with problem 20/30 seconds "dance" the correct measure...

Comment

+1 more. All of my runs (autolap set at each mile) show 00:24/mi as the pace.

Comment

Originally posted by SLICK_46 View Post
                I tried it and my device works correctly (firmware 2.50) no issue...

Instant pace: continue with problem 20/30 seconds "dance" the correct measure...
                My hunch is you are looking at your 'lap pace' while running (during a workout). The issue is when reviewing your history after a workout -- not viewing the field "lap pace" during your workout.

Try to load up history and pull open a run (or swim). Review the activity in more detail to the extent that you "view intervals" or "view laps". Each lap is then reported with really wrong average pace but the total lap time and lap distance is correct.

Comment

Oh well, I was debating updating but this is a deal breaker for me. I always check my previous lap pace during my swims.

Comment

checking the previous lap pace during the workout is fine.
                    The problem only exists in displaying the training history.

Comment

+1. Do you think it is worth it to send mail to Garmin about it since they don't read this forum? I even did a video of the history screens so they couldn't tell dull excuses.

Why each new firmware spoils the previous one working functionalities?

BTW, can I downgrade the firmware without voiding the warranty? I'm going to test the average pace today and if it will be poor, I prefer v. 2.4.

http://youtu.be/lmzrt1TJ-5E
                      Last edited by SEILOGRAMP; 06-16-2012, 05:12 AM. Reason: profanity
                      English is not my mother language so sorry for mistakes in my posts.

Comment

The proper procedure is to contact Garmin support. These are user forums with the occasional visit from Garmin if we are so blessed!

Comment

I contacted them with the video link and immediately they responded they can't access youtube. So I gave them the writed description and will see what happens.
                          English is not my mother language so sorry for mistakes in my posts.

Comment

I posted that no issue in RUN workout, but yesterday I used 910 in a Bike Workout and the average speed resum by lap show same value !!!!! In my device, RUN workout works fine but not in BIKE...

The is a minor reease in firmware, I hope no wait 6 months !!!!

Comment

The biking upgrades to power far outweigh this lap pace bug so I upgraded my unit last night.

So far reviewing history intervals/laps is normal. I only have 2 activities on the watch a lap swim done today and a bike done yesterday (before the upgrade). Both display interval/lap pacing properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X