No announcement yet.

610's usability with a cadence (bike) device

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 610's usability with a cadence (bike) device

Is anyone using their 610 with a cadence device on a bike? I've looked several times and feel like I'm seeing conflicting info. So I'm looking for someone actually using this equipment and how they like it. TIA.

I don't cycle, but DC Rainmaker's FR610 review covers bike sensors:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/04/g...th-review.html

Thanks

Chris

Comment

It works great with the cadence and speed sensor.

Comment

I recently bought a cadence/speed sensor Bontrager DuoTrap since it is better integrated into the frame of my Trek bike than the Garmin GSC10 ... I am very satisfied with this accessory, which works perfectly with my 610 (fixed on the handlebar with the bike support from Gramin). The display is smaller than on an Edge device but perfectly usable, and you can analyse all your data on Garmin Connect after your ride.
        I think it's a very good solution if you have already the 610 and you don't want to buy another device ...
        Last edited by DCHARBONNIER; 05-06-2013, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DCHARBONNIER View Post
          I recently bought a cadence/speed sensor Bontrager DuoTrap since it is better integrated into the frame of my Trek bike than the Garmin GSC10 ...
          Great info! I wouldn't have known the Bontrager DuoTrap worked with the Garmin 610 - Thank you! Thanks for everyone and their comments, it really helps, the local store folk are clueless *facepalm*

Comment

I use my Garmin 405 with a bike cadence and wheel speed sensor on my Airdyne exercise bike. Works great. I actually have the Wahoo sensors, but they are functionally the same as the Garmin sensors.

Gives me integrated graphs of heart rate, distance, speed, pedal cadence, etc. I set up custom intervals and load them to the watch. For example

3 minute easy warmup

10 seconds hard
            50 seconds easy

Repeat five times for a total of six itnervals in the set then recover until my heart rate falls to 70% of max

15 seconds hard
            45 seconds easy

Repeat five times for a total of six itnervals in the set then recover until my heart rate falls to 70% of max

20 seconds hard
            40 seconds easy

Repeat five times for a total of six intervals in the set then recover until my heart rate falls to 70% of max

2 minute cool down

The ability to program intervals based on time, distance, and/or heart rate is a really sophisticated feature of the Garmin watches. I do other workout where the work interval continues until my heart rate hits 90% of max and the rest interval goes until it has fallen to 70% -- so a pure heart rate based interval workout.

Comment

Working...
            X