Forerunner 610 reverse charging/ not charging

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forerunner 610 reverse charging/ not charging

Hello,
    I purchased a Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS watch yesterday and I used it for evening run. After that I put it to charging ( at that time it was 85% charged) and saw after sometime it was 60% and after 10-15 minutes 50%. I dont understand what is going on. Can you please suggest me how to fix this problem?

Thank you

This is a symptom of the fuel gauge in the device returning incorrect values. If you leave your device on the charger, it will correct itself and eventually reach 100% charge. We are looking into this issue and hope to prevent this behavior from occurring.

Comment

@ BBECKER39

I have kept the watch for charging now ( right now its 57% charged) and will see how it goes

Comment

I kept the watch till evening and it was out of battery completely so removed from charger and used master reset. It restarted and then I tried to charge it from wall charger couple of times but did not work, so just to give a chance I used my computer to charge it .... and finally it started charging normally.... After 100% charging I used it couple of times and havent charged it again, I am going to drain it out completely and charge it again.... lets see how it goes next time....
        Last edited by nedhole; 06-27-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. I bought the 610 last Saturday. When I first charged it, it discharged, then it died. I tried it again after a few hours and it charged completely. I was able to use it on my Monday workout. Today, the battery is about 50% and I attached it to charger and it's discharging again. Is this issue going to be resolved soon? If not, then this $400 watch is going back to the store on Saturday.

Comment

Charging back

I received my forerunner 610 yesterday.
            After unpacking I connected it to charge te battery.
            It started at about 75 % and after some time it was on 60 % :-(
            I disconnected it, used it for a while and reconnected it for another try.
            This time it worked ok ans reached 100%.
            I hope next time it will work normal.
            Not a nice start.

Comment

I received a new 610 and set it up fine. Then upgraded to firmware 2.3. I let the battery discharge completely and tried to charge it up. Nothing at all. Dead screen. No matter what I do, it will not charge up. USP port is fine because I use the same port for my 110. Extremely frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would setting the watch back to factory default help as at least I saw the watch charging screen during the initial set up ?

Comment

Same issue here after 2.3

Upgraded to 2.3 two days ago. Charged the 610 to 100%. USed it a couple of times and have gone back to charge it again and it displays Charging.... but the percentage is going down. This seems not so good.

UPDATE: Not sure if this is related but updated to 2.4 FW and now charging normally. Seems odd.
                Last edited by alindley; 07-01-2011, 12:36 PM. Reason: change in watch behavior

Comment

Two suggestions from my similar experience. First, just keep the watch hooked up to the charger and it should eventually hit a point where it stops decreasing in percentage and begins to charge normally. The watch should be able to turn on while it's charging if it doesn't you may have other issues

Second, do not allow the watch to fully discharge. For some reason the FR610 seems to act up when this happens.

Comment

Unboxed my 610 tonight. It had 64% charge. Played with it a bit. it was at 62%. Put it on the charger. After 1 hour, nothing changed. if this is a "fuel bar" issue is a new firmware version coming?

Comment

My 610 has gotten worse. It doesn't charge anymore. The battery status is low when I turn it on. Nothing happens if I attach it to the charger, either wall or usb. It's not showing me the charging status. After 10 to 15 seconds it just dies. I tried cleaning the metal contacts of the charger and the watch but still no luck.

Comment

I had this issue with the FR610 after installing the 2.30 update. Connecting it to the charger ran the battery down and the watch is now completely non-responsive when not connected and displays only a black screen when connected. Called tech support and they are sending a new one. Hopefully it's not a systemic issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ROMANDC View Post
                          My 610 has gotten worse. It doesn't charge anymore. The battery status is low when I turn it on. Nothing happens if I attach it to the charger, either wall or usb. It's not showing me the charging status. After 10 to 15 seconds it just dies. I tried cleaning the metal contacts of the charger and the watch but still no luck.
                          I definitely think you should contact tech support.

April
                          http://www.enduranceriderblog.com

Comment

Guys....... I also had the same problem with my 610 which i described in my previous posts in this forum........ one thing I noticed is that if i put my watch for charging on wall charger it never works..... but if i connect it to my laptop for charging it always works........ might be something wrong with the wall charger that we all have received....... give it a try ...... connect it to ur laptops and see if it works........

Comment

If that is the case try any other USB wall charger ... From your phone for exame.

Comment

Working...
                              X