No announcement yet.

Maximizing battery life

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximizing battery life

I'm training for a marathon at the beginning of November. As close as I can tell, my F-10 is only going to make it 3 1/2 to 4 hours. It's going to take me 5 to 5 1/2 to run the course on a good day. Anyone have suggestions on how to extend the battery life? Anyone know what happens if the watch dies midrun? Does it lose all your data or does it keep what you had up until that point? My plan now is to run with a partner, use my watch for the first 1/2, hers for the second 1/2, and then load the data from both runs on each of our computers as, "Marathon part 1" and "Marathon part 2" but that does no good for setting a distance record.

You may make it. According to the spec it should give 5 hours and mine worked up to 6 hours before it died.

I think it will save the data up to the point it dies. I have not verified this on the FR10 but this is what happened to me on other Garmin devices.

I suggest you test it. Lock onto the satellites, start a run, and put the FR10 in the window. Let it run until it dies. Then can can confirm the data is saves, and see how long it lasted.

Comment

Working...
    X