No announcement yet.

My elliptical machine has a heartbeat

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My elliptical machine has a heartbeat

I use a chest strap when i do HITT on the elliptical. I stream my HR on my phone to be able to monitor it. I noticed that sometimes my HR would drop to very low values and by looking under the watch, i would see the lights flashing. So the chest strap connection would drop and switch back to wrist. I have a feeling that is due to the machine having Ant + also and interfering.
    Today i decided to take off the watch and put it on the elliptical. Well, when the chest strap connection dropped, i found out that my machine has a heart beat of 70 !!!! I did an 25 mn exercise and half of the time, i had a 70 average for the elliptical. So it is alive. I wonder if it has feeling too !!!

Even toilet paper has a heartbeat:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/toilet...ness-trackers/
    Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite, tempe
    Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

I remember that but i thought with the price of a 935, it would be able to detect if there was no skin contact.

Comment

Does the same thing when cycling without a chest strap. It's sentient :-)

Comment

When i cycle with a chest strap, i have the watch on my handle bar and have no issue. this is why i think the gym equipment is interfering with ant. so you cycle without a chest strap and your watch is not on your wrist ? just to get speed i guess.

Comment

When I cycle with the watch in the QR and without a chest strap, it's usually because I've gone out on the single speed commuter bike. Only interested in distance and speed. Just can't be bothered to turn of WHR.

Comment

I notice prolonged ANT+ sensor reception losses (2-10 minutes) lately, chest HRM would drop and then the FR switched to WHR. Also the UI became sluggish, as if the system was running out of memory, and sometimes it rebooted spontaneously.
              Turned out I had a few new widgets installed. Normally everything is standard on my devices, stock watchface, no extras, except for some old homebrew stuf that's proven reliable for years. Removed the new widgets, everything is back to normal.

Not saying this causes your issues, but in case you remember installing something new and also notice the watch is sometimes slow to respond to button presses, disabling new stuff to see if it helps might be an idea.

Comment

i have a stock watch. nothing installed. i think it has to be interference from the machine that also has ant +. i tried a different machine that does not have it, and it looks like i had no drop.

Comment

Working...
                X