No announcement yet.

Not counting floors

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not counting floors

My 935 stoped counting floors since last week. Did anyone else experience this also ? I am on firmware 10.10
    Last edited by bentolira; 09-16-2018, 01:50 PM. Reason: more info

Have you restarted the watch? Just checking, this happens to me occasionally and restart usually resolves.

Comment

Yes I have restarted the watch. And also tried to re calibrate the altimeter. But still not counting floors
      Last edited by bentolira; 09-16-2018, 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

The altimeter is working fine ( I tested with an activity ). The problem is counting floors. Always zero. I guess this may be some config gone wrong . Anybody had this before z? Thanks

Comment

Possibly the problem lies with GCM and not on the device.

Comment

Thanks Philip. I checked and the device shows ZERO floors.
            I saw there is a config on the barometer settings/sensors/barometer/watch mode . It was on auto, I now set it to altimeter to see if there is any diference.

At first I thought I had a problem with the sensor, but since activities show elevation I guess the issue may be firmware ( strange since there was no update last week ). I also tested to see if the altimeter was showing from GPS ( went up an elevator and the altitude changed accordingly ) .

This link explains barometer x altimeter mode.
            https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...ep3QqZY5UqOCa6
            Last edited by bentolira; 09-17-2018, 03:49 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Try the following test: go into a building with a staircase with at least 5 floors and walk all of them up in a normal but not too lazy ascend. Then check the floors widget on your watch to see if it reports any climbed floors. If it is 0, then you will need a hard reset of your watch. If it is below 5, like 2 or 3, wait a little, e.g. one minute and check again if the count increases. I have noticed that the climbed floors reading is a little bit lagging which seems to be normal.

Comment

I tried the test you suggested. The altimeter changes but no floor count. Very strange. I guess I’ll wait for a firmware update and see if it fixes by itself.

Comment

After some testing it seems like the altimeter only switches on if I am in an activity. Is there a configuration to change this ?

Comment

Originally posted by bentolira View Post
                    After some testing it seems like the altimeter only switches on if I am in an activity. Is there a configuration to change this ?
                    Yes, as I already wrote, you will need a master reset of your watch (the three button solution aka hard reset). There is most likely a software problem on your watch which will NOT (!!!!) be solved with a firmware upgrade. I am on 10.10 and my watch counts floors just perfectly without a single issue. Sorry to repeat myself, but unless you perform the master reset, your problem will most likely not go away by itself.

Comment

Thanks, I guess I will have to try the master reset ( 3 button solution ).
                      When I do the master reset will all the physiological data ( training effect and training score ) be kept on GMobile ? When I sync the device after the master reset will all the phisiological data sync back to the device ?

Comment

All the data in your app will remain, nothing will be deleted from your account. However, your watch will be fully reset. If you like to backup certain info, like settings, records, etc. you may copy the files to your computer. However, I would not recommend to do so, it's better to start with a fully new watch so you would not copy the potential error back to the watch...

Comment

I did the master reset as you suggested.
                          Still not counting floors.
                          I guess I have a broken altimeter.

I looked up how to get into diagnostic mode ( https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...-mode-in-fr935 )
                          The diagnostic gives an invalid barometer.

Any other suggestions ?

Comment

If you did the master reset, you can exclude all software related errors, as this would clear them. There are just two other possibilities, either your watch is defective, in this case contact Garmin support for repair. Or, your altimeter hole is clogged, so you would have to clean it. I believe, Garmin recommended to soak the watch for a while in a sink filled with a mild solution of water and dish cleaning agent. Then rinse it under the tap and verify if the hole is clear. You may want to dry it with pressurized air, if available (you may use a tire inflator or any other air pump.

Comment

Working...
                            X