No announcement yet.

Forerunner 945?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jim_m_58 View Post
    Not as a native hiking activity (there is a native walking one), But there is a hiking app:
    https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/1...e-907d7e5f8e44
    In the app store I can only show a few screenshots, but there are far more screens in the app itself.
    I just use the walking app on the 935. I don't think the hiking app is any different from the walking one, although I believe the data fields are customised to show elevation gain on the hiking app. Either way I just use the walking one and customise the data fields to my liking, and the walk syncs perfectly with Strava. On the 645, can you add a data field to show current elevation and how accurate/responsive is this for walking compared to the 935, which works very well - seems to respond instantly to changes in altitude, to the nearest metre.

Comment

The Forerunner 935 has had a price reduction. Track record would say the 945 or 935 Plus is on its way in the next month or so...

Comment

Originally posted by john.daley View Post
        The Forerunner 935 has had a price reduction. Track record would say the 945 or 935 Plus is on its way in the next month or so...
        Will always interesting, if they are the same changes as from the F5 to F5+ series... not as much.

The only attractive difference would be maps and faster hardware (where maps or more of a gimmick for me, don't think I'd actually use them THAT often) so combined with the likely increase in price... meh
        My ConnectIQ apps

Comment

As a running/cycling watch think the 935 is nearly perfect functionally speaking. I could't care less about built in maps as I use a hiking map on my phone if I want to see where I am, and the native navigation app will show you tracks and waypoints and is perfectly adequate for basic navigation, e.g. getting back to your start point. The screen is too small and low-res to show proper detailed mapping IMO, but I prefer it this way as it has excellent daylight clarity and excellent battery life.

However, I think the 935 needs a re-design. The 8mm gap between the screen edge and the case edge makes the watch look quite dated. In 2018 we should not expect a £470 smartwatch to have such a small screen and big bezel. I wish they could shrink the size of the watch slightly like they did on the 645, but without compromising battery life.

Comment

I’m keen on the music and stored golf courses data. Maps are only interesting if in a foreign city to me. But I won’t say no! Also, I’m hoping for a bit smarter design

Comment

Originally posted by jstpassaro View Post
              Y
              B) Wait till Q1/Q2 of 2019 with an emphasis on seeing just what Garmin puts out for CES 2019
              Bringing this thread up. CES is next week, what do you think will be announced?

Comment

well most probably we'll see the marq and a bunch of new dual stack sensors (hr / hr tri / hr swim / footpod) - and perhaps even support for native run power a la polar; most probably the tech from the marq will find it's way in the 945, but my guess is that that 945 won't be launched at ces

Comment

looks like the Garmin CES announcements have started....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHNOBtzEe8o

Comment

Since I got tagged in this: Very safe, very boring announcement from them if the ONLY watch they put out is an LTE branded device that's been out for like a year now and only sold exclusively through the biggest CDMA cell company in America (Verizon), 5g is starting to roll out too.

My money now is on any tech coming mid-Feb (A new chest strap and foot pod most likely). If there are any new watches now, End of Q1 start of Q2 at the absolute latest or a hard and weird Q4 announcement of the F6/FR945/245etc...

I'm personally disappointed since my near two years old 935 is starting to show its age now, and money doesn't grow on trees for me. I could go and buy a new 935 or even pick up the F5S+ (I have funds enough for that currently) but not when a whole new line of devices with a potential bevy of new hard/software might be in the next generation of watches.
                    Forerunner 235 (x3)- Broke & Returned
                    Fenix 3 HR - Sold
                    Vivosmart HR - Charging Alternative
                    Fenix 5X- Broke & Returned
                    Fenix 5- Broke & Returned
                    Forerunner 935 - Current

Comment

Ok, do you think Vivoactive is the only major announcement at the CES? Not familiar about their policy in the past.

Comment

Well, they did send out a presser email early this morning stating as much. Just the Vivoactive and a few new nav units were it. If they are going to surprise us, I'd be shocked.
                        Fenix 3 HR - Sold
                        Forerunner 935 - Current

Comment

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/7/18...rizon-ces-2019

Comment

Quote: "The device will be able to monitor a driver’s stress levels and heart rate if it’s connected to the Mercedes Me app" - I've used LiveTrack (when it worked) many times while driving, to update the homefront on my progress, or lack thereof, during rush hour traffic. Unintentionally this also provided a pretty accurate indication of my stress level (inversly correlated to average speed and positively correlated to the number of heart rate peaks).

Comment

"The device will be able to monitor a driver’s stress levels and heart rate if it’s connected to the Mercedes Me app" - I've used LiveTrack (when it worked) many times while driving, to update the homefront on my progress, or lack thereof, during rush hour traffic.
                              I would LOVE to see that stress for a person that lives in L.A or NYC during rush hour. The 'fireworks' of those measurements would be grand.
                              Fenix 3 HR - Sold
                              Forerunner 935 - Current

Comment

I think it is important to note that the Forerunner 935 was not announced at CES in 2017 either. It was not announced until Mar 29, 2017. So if Garmin sticks to their two year schedule, we should expect the announcement some time around March-April 2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X