No announcement yet.

Anything official on Physio TrueUp>

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything official on Physio TrueUp>

Can anyone from Garmin comment on what devices will "feed" training load to a 935? Will a ride on older Edge devices like the 810 as an example show up on the 935 in history and have a bearing on fitness etc?

What devices have an impact on training status and fitness?

I can't see anything "official" on what does/doesn't sync over and what devices can be used to "feed" (for want of a better description) the 935.

Cheers,

Greg

Haha. I just posted the same thing on the 645 forum.

Comment

As I understood, any device compatible with Physio True Up will pull the data directly from GC.
      So, it isn't depend of which device the activity was recorded.

But, for the records, it works on my setup: Edge 520 + Forerunner 935 (Running beta 9.02).

Comment

Originally posted by linsguilherme View Post
        So, it isn't depend of which device the activity was recorded.

).
        Well that's the point of my question, is there any dependency on the device the activity was recording on, ie beyond a certain age it won't show up, or are all Garmin devices every created will "feed" the 935?

Comment

I believe anything that writes an activity to GC will feed the 935, but only those support physio metrics will update the training status, ie 645M, 1030, Fenix 5 etc

Comment

So if I use a training platform such as Trainer road and this pushes my indoor ride to GC, is there no longer a requirement to record the ride simultaneously on my 935? That would be ace if so!

Comment

I guess it depends on how Trainer road records the activity and whether the 935 interprets the file and extracts the physio metrics from it. I guess it won't. What it should do though is show the ride in the 935 history and also on 'last ride', 'my day' and This week's info in the widget. If that is good enough then it might be good enough. I don't have Trainer Road but have a play and let us know what you find.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkywizard View Post
                I believe anything that writes an activity to GC will feed the 935, but only those support physio metrics will update the training status, ie 645M, 1030, Fenix 5 etc
                Rides I've done on my 520+ have updated training status on my 935 and also appear to have updated my VO2 max for cycling from what I can tell.

Comment

We have some FAQ content that is being finalized regarding Physio True up, but the main points are:
                  • When enabled Physio TrueUp will sync activity summary data and display it on the watch, regardless of the device activity was recorded on. (Edge 810 activities, for example will show in the activity history on the Forerunner 935)
                  • Physiological Metrics can update from devices that do not support Physio TrueUp. Example, Training Load and Vo2 Max can update on the Forerunner 935 after an activity from an Edge 520 is synced to the device. Recording all activities with heart rate will ensure the most accurate data.
                  • Recovery Time is the only metric that will require both devices to have Physio TrueUp support. This will mean that the Recovery Time on a Forerunner 935 will not update based on an activity coming from an Edge 810.
                  Garmin Product Support

Visit the Support Center
                  www.garmin.com/support

Comment

thanks for the clarification Joey, very interesting!

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. What about FIT-files uploaded from Zwift that contain power and HR data? Will they update VO2max and training load on the watch?

Comment

pretty sure that is a yes based on the E520 example above.

Comment

No, not sure on this. The Zwift activities currently are not being pushed further to MyFP, Strava, Runalyze.

Comment

I am getting information from the team regarding how activities from non-Garmin sources such as Zwift will be handled. I'll post back when I have confirmation.
                            Garmin Product Support

Visit the Support Center
                            www.garmin.com/support

Comment

Is there an definitive list of which products (Edge models particularly) will have Physio TrueUp support? And will we have to wait for firmware upgrades to those products?

Comment

Working...
                              X