Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta Software Version 7.93 Now Available!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darre80 View Post

Whats wrong with resting HR?? Did i missed something here?? ????????
    Have you searched for RHR here on the 935 forum? Up to now Garmin's way of determining RHR for those who wear the watch 24 hours a day is odd to say the least. I would like to know what they have changed.

My Connect IQ Apps: Foot Pod Pace, Battery Up Down and a few more

Comment

Originally posted by Garmin-Joey View Post
      [*]Added support for a Sunrise & Sunset widget. Settings > Widgets > Add Widgets > Sunrise & Sunset.[*]Added support for an Alternate Time Zones Widget. Settings > Widgets > Add Widgets > Alt. time Zones.
      Awesome, thanks! I missed the alternate timezones widget, and was using the Sunrise/Sunset widget from the Fenix 3 - which doesn't look good on the FR935. Updating now!

Edit: No UTC? Or am I missing something?
      Last edited by Twinaxx; 02-07-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinaxx View Post

Awesome, thanks! I missed the alternate timezones widget, and was using the Sunrise/Sunset widget from the Fenix 3 - which doesn't look good on the FR935. Updating now!

Edit: No UTC? Or am I missing something?
        UTC isn't a time zone, it's a time standard. you want to select GMT

Comment

This RHR info was interesting. Is there any place to see roadmap for the development? What I would also like to see is customisable alarms because having alarm vibrating silently in your arm is just super handy feature. It's a pity that you cannot add your own text there :/

Comment

solved already

two button lock device // "Hold hotkey to lock/unlock device." instead of icon ?

there is now a text shown on the screen pressing a button when locked
            thought previous there was only shown a lock icon instead of text "Hold hotkey to lock/unlock device."

do not like how it works now

aha...this text is only shown for a set amount of times pressing a button when locked
            text vanished...only the lock icon is shown now

...me happy

Comment

Updated last night, seems like the RHR numbers have dropped for me. I think this is accurate and more in line with what I see scrolling through the daily summary. Will keep an eye on it to see how it trends but so far looks promising!

Solved - I did notice on my first run with 7.93 was no auto detect LT. Turns out even during an interval workout I can behave and stay under my LTHR. There should not have been any detected change.
              Last edited by drmurphey; 02-13-2018, 06:19 AM. Reason: Thx @chunkywizard !

Comment

You were only 1% in zone5. Is the start of that zone set at your lactate threshold? If so then I’d suggest you didn’t stay anaerobic for long enough.

Comment

Got new LTHR pace 2 times this week after 2 workouts with 400m repetitions.
                  So I think it works.

Comment

With this FW, I have seen running VO2Max updates after a walk and after a strength training session. Is that supposed to happen? It's flattering to see such an inflated VO2Max value, but it exceeds physiological capabilities.

Comment

What do you call inflated? Exceeding physiological capabilities? If you've seen sudden changes, particularly sudden upwards lurches, check your HR values. Should VO2max change after a walk and a strength training session? All activities above a specific intensity should count towards VO2max, but that doesn't mean they do.

With any firmware, including the most recent, I've seen VO2max updates after slow runs, fast runs, slow bike rides or fast bike rides. However, my VO2max has gone up and down and still hovers around the high 40s.
                      Last edited by philipshambrook; 02-13-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

HR settings and zones are unchanged. The VO2Max on Fenix 3 and FR935 was always hovering around the same value, only changed after runs (not trail runs), and never increased in increments > 1.
                        Based on actual performance I can safely say that the VOMax is now suddenly overestimated a lot. It doesn't bother me, it just surprises me and I wonder if updating running VO2max after walks and indoor strengrh training should happen or not.
                        Last edited by Twinaxx; 02-13-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I know the VA3 does Vo2Max for walks which, I think, contributes to the running Vo2 score. But since the criteria for running Vo2Max is GPS pace and HR I don't think the strength app should contribute to it at all.

Comment

Anyone else seeing a lack of floors with 7.93? Mine appears to be zero since I installed it on Feb 10th

Comment

I don't think the strength app should contribute to it at al
                              VO2max improves as more mitochondria are produced and microvasculature improves due to exercise capacity increasing. There's a heap of discussion about what Firstbeat do and do not include in the algorithm to compute VO2max. However, there was a comment recently where Herman (does he work within Firstbeat?) noted that all activities should count.

Our body's are great at adapting to the load we apply. If you always move at the same intensity, the body eventually accepts that as the new 'norm'. To make any change you have to do something different - increasing heart rate, respiration, muscle recruitment for instance. The body will then react accordingly especially if you introduce new stimulus on a regular basis. So, in short, VO2max will change, up or down, on a regular basis depending on the training load applied. Whether or not all the activities you do are recognised in the algorithm used, is an entirely different matter. Given the changes wrought by each software upgrade, it's quite possible the algorithm has been changed or changes as more data is made available from the device. While strength workouts are essentially aimed at muscle development, there is a cardiovascular response too. It's not unreasonable to expect there could be sufficient stimulus to affect a VO2max calculation.

Comment

Thank you philipshambrook for this explanation.
                                It is just a matter of getting used to other activities affecting running VO2Max then.. The earlier firmwares of the Fenix 3 included trail runs in this calculation, and many F3 owners didn't want that, so trail runs were later excluded. I am used to a 'Fenix 3 compatible' running VO2Max based on paved surfaces runs only.
                                Maybe a sudden change in RHR (that calculation seems to have changed as well) affects the VO2Max calculation too.
                                I'll just have to think of a way to compensate for these sudden trend changes when comparing with historical data.

Comment

Working...
                                X