Map, ETE and ETA completely off

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map, ETE and ETA completely off

Hi,

I just moved from a Forerunner 920XT to a brand new Forerunner 935.
    I'm happy with the new watch, but the "navigation" feature seems to be much worse.

The map itself is working fine, but the ETE, ETA and distance remaining make no sense.
    Yesterday I went out for a 70km ride following a course. I followed the course with no issues, but after 25km the remaining distance was still 60km, and at the end of the ride the remaining distance was still 50km.
    Moreover, even if in Garmin Connect I set a 25km/hour pace, the ETE was just one hour, as I set the speed to 70km/h!

In short, there seem to be several problems.

Anyone experiencing something similar?

Thanks,
    Roberto

I am having the same issues. I have also found issues with the elevation plot (see photo). My course is supposed to end at the 1513 elevation mark. It appears the course is getting modified during the transfer to the device.

Comment

Hi Roberto,

how was your course made? Have you tried with one created on Garmin Connect?

CW

Comment

The courses I am having these issues with were all created in Garmin Connect

Comment

what firmware are you on?

Comment

Version 4.10

Comment

o.k,, no idea then, sorry
              Last edited by chunkywizard; 07-17-2017, 11:12 AM. Reason: mistake!

Comment

Maybe it's a bug indeed. In that case you could report it to Garmin:
                https://support.garmin.com/support/s...atescalateForm

Comment

Originally posted by cwickstrum View Post
                  The courses I am having these issues with were all created in Garmin Connect
                  Aaaah, there you have it!

I'm using a FR735XT. I noticed that courses created from existing activities work ok, but courses created manually by drawing on the map in Garmin Connect give the following results:
                  • The course map displays ok.
                  • The "off course"/"on course" messages appear correctly when they should.
                  • The turn indicators do not work properly. They seem to appear randomly without any association to my current position on the course.
                  • Distance to next turn is almost always incorrect.
                  • Distance to finish shows incorrectly.
                  • Virtual partner gives totally incorrect "time behind".
                  Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite
                  Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

Glad to hear that I am not the only one having this problem. Is there another application that I can create courses with that will provide turn by turn directions on the 935?

Comment

I have also been having the exact problems with my 935 when making courses with Garmin Connect. The map works and displays correctly, but the ETE, ETA, and distance remaining are all terribly off. This is a cool feature that I look forward to when they fix this little bug.

Comment

What sort of course? Ones that use "follow roads" or "freehand" ones that go "cross country" ?

Comment

RideWithGPS will give you TBT where you want but the course fit format has changed from tcx. No joining a course away from the start. You will need to convert to fit before RWGPS output is usable, lots of posts here with details. In short, Course Point navigation is borked for now.

Comment

Originally posted by timgrose View Post
                            What sort of course? Ones that use "follow roads" or "freehand" ones that go "cross country" ?
                            I dealt with two types of courses:
                            • Courses created from existing activities - those work ok.
                            • Courses created manually with "Stay on roads" selected - those are broken.
                            I haven't tried any other types of courses yet.
                            Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite
                            Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

About to try a course this lunchtime - created in GC with a mix of "Stay on roads" and freehand across fields. Will see what I find.

Comment

Working...
                              X