HRM low battery message after connection with 920XT and /or Edge 1000

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRM low battery message after connection with 920XT and /or Edge 1000

Hi all,

Despite 3 replacements of new cell batteries 2032 type I still keep getting the message on my 920XT or Edge 1000 "low battery". I'm sure the new replacements are fully charged and it would be strange 3 new batteries would be drained when newly used.

As I also get the message on my Edge 1000 I would not suspect the SW of the receiving device...

Any idea's what could be wrong, HRM sender wrong, strap going wrong... ???

Thanks,
    Frank

Try removing the battery and replacing it in upside down for about 30s before putting it back the right way up. Could well be the HR sensor gone dead of course.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response and tip. However the hr measuring is still being done despite this message, it is just annoying to get this message at the startup of the workout each time. It also gives no confidence of how long the battery will last....

Best regards,
      Frank

Comment

Try the suggestion in post #2!

Comment

Originally posted by philipshambrook View Post
          Try the suggestion in post #2!
          So it will do some kind of hard reset of memory??? So I just switch the poles, positive/negative, it will not damage the device?

Thanks,
          Frank

Comment

No it won't. Its long been a recommended fix for a number of issues with the HRM going back as far as the old plastic ones.

Comment

Ok, nevertheless it does not solve my problem, the battery low power messages keeps popping up and the battery status shown by the 920XT remains on "low".

Comment

Working...
              X